Tasso time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
Does look really good!  Is Tasso usually eaten on its own or as part of dishes.  I know I have eaten it in the southern part of the United States but don't remember how it was prepared.

Does look really good!  Is Tasso usually eaten on its own or as part of dishes.  I know I have eaten it in the southern part of the United States but don't remember how it was prepared.
I slice it up for snacks sometimes, but most of the time I use it to flavor a pot of beans.

This meat has a HEAVY coating of spices on it and will spice up a pot of pintos quite well.  I've also used it shredded in omelets 

Looks tasty CB!

points1.png

I like that looks nice and lean,I can't eat fat Nice job 

Richie

icon14.gif

Last edited:
Well I didn't know what it was so the ol google machine found it for me.  It looks wonderful and now that I'm reading various uses for it I'm thinking mmmmmm that will go good with all kinds of beer and things..... just saying thx. for more ideas..... 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky