Surf & Turf. (And Then Some)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Surf & Turf. (And Then Some)

WE had a sale on Cooked Shrimp here, so I got a couple pounds @ $6.99.
Froze one pack & put the other one right into a Pan of Bubbling Hot Butter, where it belongs!! (added some Old Bay too)

I love Hot Buttery Shrimp about as much as anything known to Man.
In my younger days, after my tour in Vietnam, when I Shot a lot of Pool & Drank a lot of Beer, I used to get a Baker’s dozen of “U-Peel-em” Shrimp to go, when I’d leave the Bar (about 2 AM). Then when I’d get home I’d peel ‘em, put them in a bowl with a bunch of Butter, and Nuke them just enough to melt the Butter. To Me that tasted just like Lobster Tail. The butter didn’t stick good enough to the Shrimp, so I use to chew on a Shrimp a little, then take a sip of melted butter to mix them together.

So anyway, The first night I heated up that one Leftover slice of Prime Rib I was saving, and threw some nice Hot Buttery Shrimp on the Plate with it.

Then the next Morning I made a couple Eggs, and threw some more Shrimp & a couple little sausages on the plate with those Eggs.

Then the rest of the Shrimp I nursed a little at a time for TV Snacks.
Shrimp Sure Are a Lot of Fun, and Taste Great Too.

Thanks For Looking,

Bear

Two pounds of Cooked Shrimp. One for the Freezer & One for the Belly:
IMG_4754.jpg

Drop one pound of Shrimp into a Pan with Bubbling Butter:
IMG_4758.jpg

Now we're talking---MMMMMmmmmm..........
IMG_4759.jpg

In a container, until called to Duty:
IMG_4760.jpg

First Night Shrimp plated with a slice of Pan Warmed leftover Prime Rib:
IMG_4761.jpg

Next Morning a couple Eggs & sausages, and some Shrimp:
IMG_4767.jpg

Looks Good my Friend, We love Shrimp anyway you fix em.

Gary

Bear, first off thank you for your service! Second, man I love the way you do seafood. Shrimp and sometimes even scallops for breakfast. Wow it looks good!

Bear, buttered shrimp is a dangerous thing for me! I would eat them till I pop! Looks like some fine eating right there !

Yuper another great post by that Bear.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I could eat my weight in shrimp! Very nice!

Thank You Xray!!
Yup, there used to be a Big Smorgasbord (all you can eat) in Collegeville, PA, and I used to gobble down the Lobster Meat Balls & Shrimp!! Boy did I get my Money's worth, back in those days!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: xray
Bear, buttered shrimp is a dangerous thing for me! I would eat them till I pop! Looks like some fine eating right there !

Thank You Travis!!
Yup---Shrimp dripping with Butter is Awesome.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

looks tasty bear, nothing like the drinking days, 10 hours of drinking then go home and start cooking. I remember when I was young and at home my mother would wake up when I came home ( or I probably woke her up banging pans in the kitchen) and she would stay awake until I went to sleep worried I would leave something on and burn the house down.

Reactions: Jabiru
In my younger days, after my tour in Vietnam, when I Shot a lot of Pool & Drank a lot of Beer, I used to get a Baker’s dozen of “U-Peel-em” Shrimp to go, when I’d leave the Bar (about 2 AM). Then when I’d get home I’d peel ‘em, put them in a bowl with a bunch of Butter, and Nuke them just enough to melt the Butter. To Me that tasted just like Lobster Tail. The butter didn’t stick good enough to the Shrimp, so I use to chew on a Shrimp a little, then take a sip of melted butter to mix them together.

Haha that story made me chuckle, “Sip of melted butter”, classic story Bear.

You got me hungry for shrimp now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky