Sunday Wheat Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Made a couple loafs of wheat bread out of Ken Forkish's book Flour Water Salt Yeast. These require an overnight proof in the fridge. Its always a good way to start the day having the house smell like fresh bread. I couldn't find our second proofing basket so one loaf proofed in a mixing bowl. Cooked both in a cast iron dutch oven. Vac packed one loaf and froze it.

49548591888_c3b64e7af5_c.jpg

49547020646_b6cb3263cf_c.jpg

Nothing like fresh baked bread

Gary

Totally agree. I don't know if this is Weird but, ever since I was a kid, I can only eat Refer Cold Hard Butter on Hot Bread or Rolls. It's a combo of the temp contrast and the hard Butter against the soft bread....JJ

Looks really tasty.
That would make a great bread bowl for a spinach dip, or clam chowder if it’s dense enough.

Could you please give the recipe? I know it's a noob question, but it looks so fluffy and good, mine never comes out like this.

Could you please give the recipe? I know it's a noob question, but it looks so fluffy and good, mine never comes out like this.

Buy The book it is well worth it. Not only for the recipes in it but the explanations of teh techniques that Ken uses. He truly is a bread master. Has really increased my bread making skills. When you buy the book make sure and get a good digital scale if you don't have one. All of the recipes are by weight, which when baking is the best way to get accurate repetable results every time.

I love that book! Agree that the book as a whole is a must for all the great techniques and explanations. Your bread looks great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky