Sticky Flanken Pork Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twanger1994

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
New Jersey
Love a great rack of ribs, don't always have the time to cook them. Recently found a fix...

Came across a discounted package of pork ribs labeled as riblets. Had a simple recipe on the label. Curious, I took a chance!! Recipe was for a quick sweet rub mixed with liquid and smothered on the ribs. Cooked for a hour thirty in the oven. They were thin like flanken beef ribs, just enough meat to make about a dozen good for a meal... Lol... With a little doctoring and finishing on the grill. Ok for a quick weeknight meal. Couple weeks later Found a few more discounted packs, figured I'd stock up the freezer and have a few on hand. Well as I wrapped them to be frozen I noticed these were two or three times thicker. And much better to eat. Still able to get them cooked in about 2 hrs or so.

Give them a sweet rub. Cook on a sheet rack for an hour with a little smoke, get them into a deep pan cover with brown sugar couple tabs of butter and a few drops of your favorite BBQ sauce. Another hour covered with a couple flips to coat them voila Sweet and Sticky Riblets...

Attachments

• 20200820_202801.jpg
    20200820_202801.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 41
You have me wanting to lick my fingers! They look amazing!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky