Special Request!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by ddbck, Jan 24, 2016.

1. ddbck

ddbck Fire Starter

My wife suprised me with a smoking request! She asked if I could do ribs like I did a couple weeks ago. St. Louis style ribs I used 3-2-1 method & they turned out phenomenal! The only thing I am doing different is rub, wrap & refrigerate  for 4 hours or so. Using the McCormicks Applewood Rub & apple wood chunks insted of pecan.

Lol I hear you all loud & clear! I just can't help myself, have to tweak it a bit.

Just put'em in the CSSV.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Sounds like a great start.

I'm sure she'll like them.

Al

3. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Twenty seven years with my lovely wife and one of the things I learned...When she says, " Make them like you did last time..." That's code for..." You keep messing with stuff...I really liked them last time and, IF YOU CHANGE A SINGLE THING, you will regret it! ". Sounds good but you're changing the plan from last time...[​IMG]...Good luck...JJ

4. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I'll be watching this LOL

Richie

5. I'm in     and agree with JJ.   I can attest to this with my Breakfast sausage 

Gary

6. ddbck

ddbck Fire Starter

Lol thx all. Made some homemade mac & cheese as well as baked beans & coleslaw. Finished pics coming up.

7. crankybuzzard

crankybuzzard Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I'm ready to see them. Ribs rock.

8. redheelerdog

redheelerdog Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

9. ddbck

ddbck Fire Starter

Ribs were a big hit! 

gary s likes this.
  10. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I can see why. They look great.

11. I can see why, Look Great  [​IMG]

Gary