Spare Rib Cook Time: 70 minutes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
Membrane removed, injected, sliced, spiced, refrigerator rested while the grill was fired up, then Vortexed hot & fast.
- LC BBQ/Butt Hurt pork injection
- JDQ BBQ/Spicy BBQ rub
- Fergolicious BBQ/SPG Buttery LUV rub

2.jpg

-----
400°F at the kettles lid with apple wood chunks over the Vortex.

3.jpg

-----
About a half hour into cooking on the 26.75" Weber kettle with a medium Vortex.

4.jpg

-----
Hour and 10 minutes later, the spare ribs were probing tender and the lid temp was reading around 435°.

5.jpg

-----
1.jpg

Made for delicious fast ribs, and leftovers for lunch the next day were also very tasty!
Thanks for looking!

Yeah man, do those look good!
I love doing them this way. They have the perfect bite I look for and sure beats 5.5-6 hours!
I have not injected in the past, have to try that.

• Love
Reactions: chopsaw and mossymo
Wow! The Vortex even looks like it puts a different texture on the surface than what I'm used to seeing. Almost looks deep-fried. Oh, sooo good... I hate it when I see stuff like this just before lunch.

Those ribs sure do look good, and that method seems to be catching on pretty quickly.

Point for sure
Chris

• Love
Reactions: mossymo
Had to give this a try on the Traeger, running at about 410°
I cut them into 2 bone pieces, added a binder and heavy rub
It took 70 minutes to reach over 200° IT and then let them rest in the smoker while it was in "shutdown".
The meat was PERFECT!!! These were as much 'bite off the bone' as I've ever made.
I will be doing this again, and again.
Thanks,

mossymo mossymo

* foil pans used for prep and rest, they stayed on an open grate during cook. (I failed a rub pic)

20230325_154214.jpg
20230325_154219.jpg
20230325_154249.jpg
20230325_154714.jpg
20230325_165726.jpg
20230325_165730.jpg
20230325_165739.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky