SOUTH FLORIDA GATHERING CHILI RECIPE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
I took a big crock pot of chili to the SF Gathering on Saturday.

It was requested that I post the recipe on the forum.

So here it is. It has pork, beef, & sausage in it. So I just posted it here in pork.

I call it meat lovers chili. If you don't have or don't want all the different meats in the chili.

Just use what's available at the time.

Also if you don't have the same chili seasoning that I used, just substitute your favorite brand.

Here is a photo of the recipe & a few photo's of it being made.

Here's all the ingredients.

The Andouille I used was fresh, but you can use smoked, or any sausage you like.

I smoked it to an IT of 160.

Here's the bacon all chopped up & cooking on the side burner of my grill.

Less mess in the kitchen.

Bacon is done, now to par cook the onions & pepper in the bacon grease.

Now it all goes into the chili.

Let it simmer & cook down for a couple of hours.

Transfer it into a crock pot & into the fridge. Then just heat it up the next day in the crock pot.

Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we did.

Thanks for looking!

Al

That looks and sounds awesome Al!  This one's getting saved to my recipes for sure...thanks for sharing this!  Point!  
icon14.gif

Red

Chili is a staple around here once the weather turns cold.  AND That is one beautiful bowl of chili Al. Point!  b

Reactions: b-one
Holy meaty chili!
Al that looks awesome!! I'm gonna need to smoke some brisket for chili stock.

Point worthy

That looks and sounds awesome Al!  This one's getting saved to my recipes for sure...thanks for sharing this!  Point!  
icon14.gif

Red

Chili is a staple around here once the weather turns cold.  AND That is one beautiful bowl of chili Al. Point!  b

We have been eating chili here lately, had a bowl last night in fact.

This recipe looks great, I will definitely try it.

Thanks Al!
Thanks a lot fellas, both for the kind words & the points!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky