Sous Vide Steak and Shrimp Egg Rolls. w/Qview.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
Took my Cisno Sous Vide machine and SV the ribeyes that I used for this recipe.

If anyone is interested in getting this unit there is currently a $5 off coupon for it on amazon. It under the price. https://amzn.to/2D3aaLc

Packaged the ribeye in the bags that came with the machine. I used my rub and some rosemary on it.

20190109_133144.jpg

SV at 130° for 2 hours. Here they are out of the 2hr bath.

20190109_155217.jpg

I did a coating of salt and pepper then seared for 60 seconds a side. I did this in a smoking hot pan and added a pat of butter. To those that do not know what a pat is it is about a tbs. Here it is after the sear

20190109_160240.jpg

Here it is sliced

20190109_163008.jpg

I also sauteed onions and bells. Mixed with cheese and wrapped. Sorry no pictures of that part. I then deep fried them for a minute or 2 until GBD(Golden Brown Delicious). Here is the fried and cross section pictures.

20190109_172853.jpg
20190109_172901.jpg

Plated with sweet chili sauce.

20190109_174141.jpg

These were so dang good. I also took 2 cheese sticks and wrapped them for cheese sticks. No pictures of those but they were great.

Thanks for looking everyone.

Last edited:
Man that all looks great. I havent tried steak yet. What meat is in the egg rolls?

What the heck!!!!! That looks amazingly good. I can send my address win package pre paid. Ship a couple on over. Wow

Reactions: smokin peachey
Yes the egg rolls had ribeye shrimp onion bell pepper and cheese in it.

Reactions: pc farmer
Woah hold up Brian. You gotta go over doing egg rolls. I love egg rolls <also love asian dumplings> but you sous vide them!?

That is a great idea. They look and sound tasty...JJ

Looks Awesome, Brian!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

I think you forgot about my invitation though!!

Bear

Thanks everyone. They were really good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky