Sous Vide Frozen Strip Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
One of the great things about SV is the ability to start the cooking process with frozen meat without having the need to thaw.

Last week, I bought a few boneless strip steaks on sale with the intention of cooking them SV style for dinner. They were seasoned and vaccum sealed, 2 per bag since it’s only the wife and I.

So today I decided to cook them after the wife requested steak. Pulled from the freezer. These were seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning and a little leftover SPOG that I combined into one shaker bottle.
936AD412-083A-434D-8921-A5959FA1EC35.jpeg

They were placed directly into a 134F SV bath. These steaks were just over 1” thick. I let them cook for 3 hours.
B9972CDE-702A-41CA-8C4A-41407FC78D2A.jpeg

Getting the potatoes ready. Seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary and some paprika for color. Into the oven at 425F for 45 minutes.
EF4B446D-DD46-4E05-8723-87D6B802B498.jpeg

Fifteen minutes before the potatoes were finished, I preheated my newly seasoned cast iron skillet on the gas grill. Steaks were taken out of the vacuum seal bag, dried and lightly re-seasoned. I melted a little olive oil and butter and seared both sides about 1.5 minutes each.

Finished product, dinner is served.
732F6FAF-C270-45B6-BC02-0C5AD2A9EA44.jpeg

Sliced shot
CFC34DC1-D219-49A8-862E-62825AECD963.jpeg

Overall, A very easy and delicious weeknight meal. Thanks for looking.

Looks tasty.

You can also go straight from the freezer to the grill to. Quite a bit of that going on. Thin cuts like steak, pork chops, burgers, chicken breast, etc.

It’s all the craze the past years two.

SV works too bit a bit slower and a two step process if you sear after SV.

Looks tasty.

You can also go straight from the freezer to the grill to. Quite a bit of that going on. Thin cuts like steak, pork chops, burgers, chicken breast, etc.

It’s all the craze the past years two.

SV works too bit a bit slower and a two step process if you sear after SV.

We always called those black and blue steaks.

Great looking meal. Fantastic looking steak.

Awesome looking meal!

Thank you guys, very tasty!

Excellent Meal !!!:)

Looks Mighty Tasty, Xray!!

This Bear likes it---Be Great Bear Bait!!:cool:

Bear

Excellent Meal !!!:)

Looks Mighty Tasty, Xray!!

This Bear likes it---Be Great Bear Bait!!:cool:

Bear

Thanks Bear! Maybe bring along some of that prime rib when you’re close to the trap :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky