Church buddies bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DEERMAKER

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 12, 2024
NORTHEASTERN PA
Sorry guys and gals, been busy with weather changes for better and still smoking but lost time to post. But always time to visit and read the awesome work here.
The boys at church had some my samples of bacon and ham I am now "famous " for making lol. Asked me to do some for them when they took a pig in to their cut shop. So I couldn't say no. Threw a couple in for my gang while at it. Haha.

The colors and flavors are coming out better in reference to the smoke. I read some archives on smoke tubes and tried layers of pellets and chips. I like the result. More smoke, with no increase in dirty smoke.
Also tried a maple syrup coat with fresh cracked pepper.
I liked it alot. Its subtle and a different take on the basic bacon which alone is great!
Thanks to all on here, hope you have a safe and fun Holiday!
IMG_5072.jpeg
IMG_5071.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are really nice . Great color inside and out . I like it sliced thick and just warmed up .
I read some archives on smoke tubes and tried layers of pellets and chips.
Not sure what smoker you have , but I use a MES 30 for this stuff . I always load my tubes with pellets for heat , flavor and color depending on the meat .
I have some beech that I reserve for hams , and use cherry and mesquite for color .
Nice work on those .

Those are really nice . Great color inside and out . I like it sliced thick and just warmed up .

Not sure what smoker you have , but I use a MES 30 for this stuff . I always load my tubes with pellets for heat , flavor and color depending on the meat .
I have some beech that I reserve for hams , and use cherry and mesquite for color .
Nice work on those .
Cherry.... I like that idea ty

Reactions: DieselTech
Beautiful meats there. Nice work.
I use pecan pellets or chunks for smoke flavor, on the medium side somewhere between apple and hickory flavor wise, then mix in cherry for the nice red color it brings, it’s just great presentation.

So the double smoke. Tell me more about the outcome if dont mind Ty
Usually done with a store bought bone in ham , like this .
20230408_164816 (1).jpg
Here's a thread I did on a double smoked loin ham .

Another good use for it is sliced thin and dipped in some BBQ sauce for a sandwich .
20200612_111419.jpg

Oh man, that's a great idea! I'm on it this weekend and thx.
You will absolutely love it!

That looks awesome. I am still gunshy about trying to make baccon, So much can go wrong if I screw up
It's really quite simple... we can walk you through it if you want help.

Ryan

That looks awesome. I am still gunshy about trying to make baccon, So much can go wrong if I screw up

It's really surprisingly simple! Pick up a belly and let the fine folks here walk you through it. Seriously, it's so easy. The hard part is all the waiting for the next batch after you find out how great it is compared to store bought.

Reactions: DieselTech
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky