Souper Cubes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
I have mentioned here many times that when I make stock that I measure out the stock into a ice cube tray and then pack the cubes and into the freezer. Then I would count out the cubes per what ever I needed.

A while back I got these "Souper Cube" silicone molds. Purchased on Amazon. They come with lids and each one makes (4) up to 1 cup cubes. Typically I have been putting them into the freezer in a bulk 2 gallon silicone zip lock bag. Those are all in use so I went ahead and just vac packed these ones up in pint bags. Besides stock I have froze bloody mary mix, buttermilk, cream. Things we don't usually need a lot of but comes in large quantities.

50646627447_3016a7c55c_c.jpg

50646537941_425c4ef793_c.jpg

50646535811_6e5cbc8aef_c.jpg

Great idea! Like you said for things like buttermilk and cream for sure.

Ryan

Works great and thanks for posting. I really like the 1Cup Molds. If you have the time and equipment, Reductions save even more space. An 8 to 1 reduction is useful. Then a tiny 1 Oz cube of Glace, added to 7 Oz of Water gives 1Cup of Stock...JJ

Reactions: MJB05615
We do the same thing Case, but we use Tupperware containers to freeze them, then vac pack them. Usually in 2 - 2 1/2 cup sizes.
Al

We also freeze wine in half cup increments. Find drinking wine is better than cooking wine.

Look into Box Wines. I keep a variety of Peter Vella Box wines for Cooking and occasional Drinking. Because the wine in the Bag stays Oxygen Free, the wines last indefinitely and stay at peak quality. One Red and one White, of choice, stores easily in a cabinet, pantry or closet...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky