• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Souper Cubes

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
I have mentioned here many times that when I make stock that I measure out the stock into a ice cube tray and then pack the cubes and into the freezer. Then I would count out the cubes per what ever I needed.

A while back I got these "Souper Cube" silicone molds. Purchased on Amazon. They come with lids and each one makes (4) up to 1 cup cubes. Typically I have been putting them into the freezer in a bulk 2 gallon silicone zip lock bag. Those are all in use so I went ahead and just vac packed these ones up in pint bags. Besides stock I have froze bloody mary mix, buttermilk, cream. Things we don't usually need a lot of but comes in large quantities.

50646627447_3016a7c55c_c.jpg

50646537941_425c4ef793_c.jpg

50646535811_6e5cbc8aef_c.jpg

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Great idea! Like you said for things like buttermilk and cream for sure.

Ryan

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Great idea. Will definitely utilize this thanks!

radioguy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 12, 2013
I make cubes from the brisket au jus I make. Don't have to concern myself with sucking moisture when vac sealing.

RG

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Works great and thanks for posting. I really like the 1Cup Molds. If you have the time and equipment, Reductions save even more space. An 8 to 1 reduction is useful. Then a tiny 1 Oz cube of Glace, added to 7 Oz of Water gives 1Cup of Stock...JJ

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
We do the same thing Case, but we use Tupperware containers to freeze them, then vac pack them. Usually in 2 - 2 1/2 cup sizes.
Al

Murray

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 30, 2018
We also freeze wine in half cup increments. Find drinking wine is better than cooking wine.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
We also freeze wine in half cup increments. Find drinking wine is better than cooking wine.
Look into Box Wines. I keep a variety of Peter Vella Box wines for Cooking and occasional Drinking. Because the wine in the Bag stays Oxygen Free, the wines last indefinitely and stay at peak quality. One Red and one White, of choice, stores easily in a cabinet, pantry or closet...JJ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.