Something a little different, courtesy of the BBQ pit boys.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Decided the family needed something a little different. We were tired of roasts, stews, soups and casseroles. You know the typical winter comfort foods. I decided to take it up a notch and tinker with the Beer-can-burger. Last Thursday we had a break in the weather and out came old faithfull. The 22" kettle got the call this time around. I decided to make a few sheppards pie burgers and a couple pizza burgers.

First the 80/20 gets put into the bowl:
DSC00454.JPG

Out comes the mixins to get added:
DSC00455.JPG

Then the burgers are formed. Wrapped each with two slices of bacon:
DSC00456.JPG

The squish process:
DSC00457.JPG

A little creamed corn for the sheppards pie burgers. Gotta have your veggies.
DSC00459.JPG

Topped with mashed potato.
DSC00460.JPG
Some smoked jack cheese for the pizza burger.
DSC00461.JPG

Stuffed with ham, pepperoni, pizza sauce and jack cheese.
DSC00462.JPG

The Kettle is getting ready with a little misquite.
DSC00463.JPG

All done after a short 250* nap:
DSC00464.JPG

Hope you enjoyed the journey. It was tasty. It's good to change things up every now and again.

Chris

Attachments

• DSC00458.JPG
    DSC00458.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00465.JPG
    DSC00465.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00456.JPG
    DSC00456.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 35
Looks great! I’ve seen the beer can burgers plenty of times but never in Sheppard’s pie form!

Those all look excellent!!:)
I'd be all over that Pizza Burger First !!
Like.

Bear

They were fantastic, and there is one pizza burger vacuum sealed in the freezer. It's yours if your in the area - in the next week or so. Thanks for the like.

YUM! Put it on the list to try out. Thanks for sharing!

Mark try them you won't be disappointed. You can stuff with whatever you like. Thank for the like.

This is awesome. In all the years I’ve been smoking food, I have never heard of beer-can-burgers. Time to buy some beer and bacon.

Their good and a nice change of pace. Like I said previously you can use just about anything for stuffing. If your going to use a roll make sure it's a good roll and not normal hamburger roll. Thanks for the like.

Those look absolutely fantastic!
Nice job & congrats on making the carousel!
Al

Thanks Al, they were easy, tasty and quick to make in the winter. Thanks for the point and the ride.

Chris

My spelling isn't that bad just quoting th BBQ pit boys ha ha

Phil your pit boys spelling is perfect, and they were guud. Thanks for the like.

Chris

Chris sorry for being late.Very busy building a new shed.That is a fantastic looking meal I am saving this to do list POINTS
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky