So does it get any better than.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squirrel

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 7, 2010
augusta ga
MEAT AND POTATOES!!!!

I know I like to make some fancy shmancy stuff sometimes, but when all is said and done give me a grilled steak and some smashed taters and I am a happy squirrel!

I marinated these puppies overnight in a WONDERFUL concoction of fresh grated ginger, sesame oil, pecan oil (great stuff by the way!) chopped garlic, green onions, tad bit of soy sauce, peppercorns, I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I tossed them on a flaming grill, boiled up some taters I cut up and soaked in water overnight. Easy Peezie.

ad8207a2_IMG_7701.jpg

d42b5fbc_IMG_7704.jpg

9584101c_IMG_7709.jpg

cool.gif

Now that does it I'm out of here. With food like that I'm moving. Honey I'll see you later I'm moving next door to this squirrel LATER.

Great looking food there cheryl.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Good lookin' steaks, there! 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Help me out here -- Where's the SMOKE???? 
icon_eek.gif
LOL!!  Wish I weren't across the continent; I'd love to stop by for supper sometime!

I thought squirells were supposed to stock up on acorns for the winter..... better just send those steaks over to me!
biggrin.gif

7:34 a.m.? Is this breakfast?

Beautiful steaks. I've been so busy smokin', I 've forgotten about plain ol' grillin'. Very nice.

10:34 Pokey. Brunch.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks everybody! Yea, I grill or smoke something just about every day. My neighbors flip me off all the time. Nice folks. I do share alot of the food because I just wanna cook it and taste it then I'm done. I juz wanna cook!

I want the one on the right...  I'm a conservative you know...
icon_mrgreen.gif

You cook 'em just the way I like 'em!  We did up steaks last night, too, but with baked spuds instead, sauteed spinach and a 2005 merlot.  cheers, squirrel!

Dang it Squirrel, you got me movin' back into the closet......SWMBO was peeking over my shoulder and saw those steaks and wanted to know when I was going to dust off the grill (been busy smoking but, oh no, that's not good enough) and grill up a pair for us.  I've got to move the computin' stuff into a large closet so she doesn't get any more ideas.  Ah well, they're great looking, whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, or even midrats.....

Cheryl those look fantastic. I can't wait til mine gets here

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky