• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

So does it get any better than.....

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
MEAT AND POTATOES!!!!

I know I like to make some fancy shmancy stuff sometimes, but when all is said and done give me a grilled steak and some smashed taters and I am a happy squirrel!

I marinated these puppies overnight in a WONDERFUL concoction of fresh grated ginger, sesame oil, pecan oil (great stuff by the way!) chopped garlic, green onions, tad bit of soy sauce, peppercorns, I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I tossed them on a flaming grill, boiled up some taters I cut up and soaked in water overnight. Easy Peezie.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now that does it I'm out of here. With food like that I'm moving. Honey I'll see you later I'm moving next door to this squirrel LATER.

Great looking food there cheryl.

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
Good lookin' steaks, there! 
Help me out here -- Where's the SMOKE???? 
LOL!!  Wish I weren't across the continent; I'd love to stop by for supper sometime!

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
I thought squirells were supposed to stock up on acorns for the winter..... better just send those steaks over to me!

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Damn You Squirrel!!!

pokey

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 15, 2010
7:34 a.m.? Is this breakfast?

Beautiful steaks. I've been so busy smokin', I 've forgotten about plain ol' grillin'. Very nice.

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
10:34 Pokey. Brunch.

Thanks everybody! Yea, I grill or smoke something just about every day. My neighbors flip me off all the time. Nice folks. I do share alot of the food because I just wanna cook it and taste it then I'm done. I juz wanna cook!

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
wow imagine that &  I just wanna eat! Two beer can chickens in the smoker, I think soo

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
I want the one on the right...  I'm a conservative you know...

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
You cook 'em just the way I like 'em!  We did up steaks last night, too, but with baked spuds instead, sauteed spinach and a 2005 merlot.  cheers, squirrel!

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Looking good, that's the way I like them steaks. Knock off the horns, give em a wipe and chow.

nwdave

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 9, 2009
Dang it Squirrel, you got me movin' back into the closet......SWMBO was peeking over my shoulder and saw those steaks and wanted to know when I was going to dust off the grill (been busy smoking but, oh no, that's not good enough) and grill up a pair for us.  I've got to move the computin' stuff into a large closet so she doesn't get any more ideas.  Ah well, they're great looking, whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, or even midrats.....

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
Man oh man I want a good steak, but I am at a loss with the last picture.

Thanks for sharing

bigal

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 21, 2006
Very, very nice!  Mouth actually watered and I like med to med well.  Make'n me hungry!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.