Snack Sticks Recipes dry seasonings vs fresh

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coolkayaker

Original poster
Jan 9, 2017
New Berlin, WI
What are your thoughts and opinions on using dried herbs, peppers, spices, seasonings vs using fresh cut peppers, garlic, fresh herbs when making snack sticks? Does one work better than the other?

What are your thoughts and opinions on using dried herbs, peppers, spices, seasonings vs using fresh cut peppers, garlic, fresh herbs when making snack sticks? Does one work better than the other?

I don't make snack stix yet. But I have no qualms about dried seasonings. Given time for the meat and spices to marry (1 hour to overnight) I find dry seasonings much less trouble than fresh.

(One exception is garlic cloves stabbed into a pork roast on a rotisserie.)

Reactions: kit s
my thoughts are this, I can get consistency from dried products, its readily available year round, and doesnt go bad in my pantry. fresh ingredients might add a touch more color and or sharper flavor to the sausage, but I am going to freeze most of what I make for later and i dont know that fresh would really show up in a previously frozen product.

Last edited:
Reactions: kit s
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky