• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoker 65, Midwestern Gal

Smoker65

Joined Dec 29, 2018
I am really a returner. But that was years ago. Got my old electric masterbuilt and a new Oklahoma Joe's 3 in 1. Just smoked my first turkey in a long while. It was a rather large one, so i tented it and put in a 350 degree oven for one hour to make sure it was safe. Used the old Masterbuilt for this turkey. Found Jeffs poultry rub and mixed with butter. Smoked with cherry wood chips and spritzed with apple juice. 20181231_112412.jpg 20181231_112329.jpg

daricksta

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2012
Why didn't you smoke the turkey in your Oklahoma Joe? How'd the turkey turn out? I also like to use cherry wood chips with poultry when I'm grilling over charcoal in my Weber kettle grill. Otherwise, for my MES 30 I only use wood pellets.

SonnyE

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 13, 2017
Well, welcome back!
I was eyeballin one of those Longhorn's for when my Gas Burner gives up.
Seems like a logical direction for me.

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Welcome back glad to have you return.

Warren

Smoker65

Joined Dec 29, 2018
Why didn't you smoke the turkey in your Oklahoma Joe? How'd the turkey turn out? I also like to use cherry wood chips with poultry when I'm grilling over charcoal in my Weber kettle grill. Otherwise, for my MES 30 I only use wood pellets.
I have never used it except to charcoal a few times. Need help learning.

Smoker65

Joined Dec 29, 2018
Well, welcome back!
I was eyeballin one of those Longhorn's for when my Gas Burner gives up.
Seems like a logical direction for me.
I so want to learn to use this monster to its fullest intent. Lol

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.