Smoker 65, Midwestern Gal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smoker65

Original poster
Dec 29, 2018
I am really a returner. But that was years ago. Got my old electric masterbuilt and a new Oklahoma Joe's 3 in 1. Just smoked my first turkey in a long while. It was a rather large one, so i tented it and put in a 350 degree oven for one hour to make sure it was safe. Used the old Masterbuilt for this turkey. Found Jeffs poultry rub and mixed with butter. Smoked with cherry wood chips and spritzed with apple juice. 20181231_112412.jpg 20181231_112329.jpg

Reactions: daricksta
Why didn't you smoke the turkey in your Oklahoma Joe? How'd the turkey turn out? I also like to use cherry wood chips with poultry when I'm grilling over charcoal in my Weber kettle grill. Otherwise, for my MES 30 I only use wood pellets.

Well, welcome back!
I was eyeballin one of those Longhorn's for when my Gas Burner gives up.
Seems like a logical direction for me.

Why didn't you smoke the turkey in your Oklahoma Joe? How'd the turkey turn out? I also like to use cherry wood chips with poultry when I'm grilling over charcoal in my Weber kettle grill. Otherwise, for my MES 30 I only use wood pellets.
I have never used it except to charcoal a few times. Need help learning.

Well, welcome back!
I was eyeballin one of those Longhorn's for when my Gas Burner gives up.
Seems like a logical direction for me.
I so want to learn to use this monster to its fullest intent. Lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky