• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smokehouse Project

johnnygrant

Joined Sep 2, 2016

I always wanted to build a smokehouse, and being that we are finally getting our outdoor entertainment area construction project underway, I couldn't wait to build the smokehouse, so I did that first. The siding is all T&G 1x6 with mostly cedar and some pine boards in the mix, and redwood trim.  I am going to veneer the cinder blocks this week, and add the exhaust vent in the back upper part of the a-frame. I will also start pouring the pad for my barrel stove & wood storage on the lower level behind the smokehouse. Can't wait to fire this thing up!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That's an awesome build!

Nice job!

Al

johnnygrant

Joined Sep 2, 2016
I am definitely going to smoke sausage. Once I get it fired up, i will do a couple dry runs to see what kind of temp I can maintain for some low & slow smoking. Definitely going to be doing a lot of cold smoking too in the winter. I have a big family. Going to stock up for later.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Very nice build.....   

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Wonderful build johnny. Point! B

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
Points from me as well!

This looks like a very well built unit. Looking forward to what you create with it!

johnnygrant

Joined Sep 2, 2016
Thanks Dave! I burned some clean leftover wood & charcoal in the barrel this morning. I may need to do some insulating to run it hotter, and or wood that burns hotter like oak. The drafting doesn't seem to be a problem at this point. Flames are burning good inside the barrel, and getting good smoke out the 6" vent at the top of my smokehouse. I will play with it a little bit. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.