Smokehouse Project

Discussion in 'Smoke Houses' started by johnnygrant, Sep 5, 2016.

1. I always wanted to build a smokehouse, and being that we are finally getting our outdoor entertainment area construction project underway, I couldn't wait to build the smokehouse, so I did that first. The siding is all T&G 1x6 with mostly cedar and some pine boards in the mix, and redwood trim.  I am going to veneer the cinder blocks this week, and add the exhaust vent in the back upper part of the a-frame. I will also start pouring the pad for my barrel stove & wood storage on the lower level behind the smokehouse. Can't wait to fire this thing up!

dirtsailor2003, daveomak and bdskelly like this.
  2. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great!

Points!

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That's an awesome build!

Nice job!

Al

4. redheelerdog

redheelerdog Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Wow, I like that smokehouse build. Nice job. What are you going to smoke in it mostly? Sausage?

5. I am definitely going to smoke sausage. Once I get it fired up, i will do a couple dry runs to see what kind of temp I can maintain for some low & slow smoking. Definitely going to be doing a lot of cold smoking too in the winter. I have a big family. Going to stock up for later.

6. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very nice build.....    [​IMG]

7. Thanks for the comments guys!

8. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wonderful build johnny. Point! B

9. Great job!  Really nice looking build!!! [​IMG]

10. Added the veneer.

crankybuzzard likes this.
  11. crankybuzzard

crankybuzzard Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Points from me as well!

This looks like a very well built unit. Looking forward to what you create with it!

12. Very nice, Great job

Gary

13. So cool!

Teddy

14.  I finally finished the project Time to get some wood, and see what she can do.  

15. some more pictures.

bdskelly likes this.
  16. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Super cool!

johnnygrant likes this.
  17. mike w

mike w Smoking Fanatic

Wow! That is some nice work there!

johnnygrant likes this.
  18. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

JG, morning....  If you find you need some draft or temp control, below is a schematic of possible avenues to correct undesirable conditions...

johnnygrant likes this.
  19. Thanks Dave! I burned some clean leftover wood & charcoal in the barrel this morning. I may need to do some insulating to run it hotter, and or wood that burns hotter like oak. The drafting doesn't seem to be a problem at this point. Flames are burning good inside the barrel, and getting good smoke out the 6" vent at the top of my smokehouse. I will play with it a little bit. Thanks again!

20. uzikaduzi

uzikaduzi Meat Mopper

looks great!!! how hot were you able to get it as is?