Smokehouse Project

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnnygrant

Original poster
Sep 2, 2016
Temecula, CA

I always wanted to build a smokehouse, and being that we are finally getting our outdoor entertainment area construction project underway, I couldn't wait to build the smokehouse, so I did that first. The siding is all T&G 1x6 with mostly cedar and some pine boards in the mix, and redwood trim.  I am going to veneer the cinder blocks this week, and add the exhaust vent in the back upper part of the a-frame. I will also start pouring the pad for my barrel stove & wood storage on the lower level behind the smokehouse. Can't wait to fire this thing up!

I am definitely going to smoke sausage. Once I get it fired up, i will do a couple dry runs to see what kind of temp I can maintain for some low & slow smoking. Definitely going to be doing a lot of cold smoking too in the winter. I have a big family. Going to stock up for later.

Very nice build.....   
icon14.gif

Thanks Dave! I burned some clean leftover wood & charcoal in the barrel this morning. I may need to do some insulating to run it hotter, and or wood that burns hotter like oak. The drafting doesn't seem to be a problem at this point. Flames are burning good inside the barrel, and getting good smoke out the 6" vent at the top of my smokehouse. I will play with it a little bit. Thanks again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky