Smoked Salmon Q-vu

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dadwith4daughters

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Orlando, FL
After 24 hrs of dry brining in some kosher salt, dark brown sugar, sugar, and some cayenne, I put these in the smoker for about 4 hours or when it hit 150 degrees in the thickest part. Got some capers, red onion, nice crackers and impressed'em all at my work party.
98426390_vbattach16117.jpg

8f89bce8_vbattach16116.jpg

Congrats on your salmom smoke. Those Q Views reminded me that I just might have a fillet or two in the freezer!

Man that looks good, I think you gave me an idea for another addition for the New Year's eve buffet. :)

Looks good and sounds like it was an unqualified success with the folks who ate it!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

So what upcoming events have the people at work "volunteered" you for?
wink.gif

Very nice looking salmon. I will try your brine is sound good. After I brine my salmon and place in smoker, I baste the salmon with a mix of equal amounts of brown sugar,pure maple syrup and honey. The mix give the salmon a wonderful taste

Yes Rich, but can you find the freezer under all those boxes?
wink.gif

Nice lookin' smoke Dad... glad you wowed them!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks for the replies! That honey/syrup mop sure does sound good. It would balance well with the saltiness. I'm gonna do that next time. Thanks buddyboy.

Jeff, I struggled keeping the temp below the 220 mark so I finally gave up and let it hang there. The fish was on the grill for about 4 hours at 220 with smoke rolling the whole time. I took the fish to 150.

What are capers? I have seen them in the store (in jars where all the peppers are in jars). Are they hot? sweet? or what?

Kinda sour and umm well..capery! It really goes well with fish, especially smoked. Often served with a Biere Blanc <Sp? Vlap> sauce. Really good with that and calamari.

Capers are unopened buds of a flower that are typicaly packed in a brine or salt. Very tasty!

beurre blanc is the sauce you are thinking of rich (I had to look up the correct spelling)

Its a rich butter sauce with a reduction of some type of vinegar. Capers are very tasty in it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky