Smoked Brisket Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WstTxSmokes

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 17, 2024
First time posting long time reading. Decided to make some sausage out of a 10lb brisket. Main ingredients are salt, pepper and garlic. Minor ingredients are cayenne, paprika. Also added a touch of mustard powder, brown sugar ,onion powder and a small amount of majoram. Liquid was half cup worsteshire and 2.5 cups water. Also included curing salt.
Screenshot 2024-02-17 154315.png

Last edited:
Two hours in and getting good smoke. I'm using post oak and pecan combination. Rotated the sticks to try to even out color on sausages.
IMG_3220.jpg

First time posting long time reading. Decided to make some sausage out of a 10lb brisket. Main ingredients are salt, pepper and garlic. Minor ingredients are cayenne, mustard, paprika. Also added a touch of mustard powder, brown sugar ,onion powder and a small amount of majoram. Liquid was half cup worsteshire and 2.5 cups water. Also included curing salt. View attachment 688956
Looks good I’m in for the finish pictures. Nice to see a cut shot as well.

Reactions: DougE
Howdy, and welcome to the group from New Mexico.
Lookin' pretty good. What kind of smoker you using ?

Howdy, and welcome to the group from New Mexico.
Lookin' pretty good. What kind of smoker you using ?
Thanks! I'm also from New Mexico (Artesia), but live in West Texas now. I'm using an Old Country well seasoned haha. Nothing like a fresh hatch green chile.

Closing thoughts: Taste was great but almost too juicy. I noticed i had some pockets as well in the links with rendered fat. I forgot to mention i used nonfat milk powder. Overall smoking temp was good too. Next time i think i weigh the meat and fat to get a ratio of 20%, as my links might be to fatty. Letting them cool down now and will try a second taste tomorrow.

Reactions: JLeonard
👍 Following along for the ride on this one. Never made a 100% brisket sausage, but have used brisket trim + pork in hot links.
100% beef sausage is tricky to make well. It wants to crumble if you don’t treat it right. I’m excited for the finish here.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky