smoked pig head

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was at a pig roast and a guy took the brain for a burrito! Looking good!

Looks quite different , keep us posted on the finished product !
icon14.gif

Thanks guys..gonna take another couple hours to get tender....then vack on a hot grill to crisp up the chicharonne. ..

Now, that's a pretty wild smoke. I've read up on doing a cows head, which is also split first, and takes a long barbacoa but is supposed to make outstanding taco meat. Will wait patiently to see the final pics and how much meat you figure you got off it. Where are you located?....Willie

I was at a pig roast and a guy took the brain for a burrito! Looking good!
I did a pig roast many years ago at a micro brewery...one muy macho guy wanted the head, a hammer and a spoon to show off to his GF and proceeded to bust the skull and spoon out some brain. Needless to say, with the booze and the brains, he wound up in the street barfing his guts out, looking the total fool. Must be 20 years ago....still a vivid memory

Came out great guys! I still have to strip most of the meat from the bones...But damn tasty and very tender..like a shoulder..

South Louisiana the real jambalaya cookers all know about pork temples. They come in large boxes and the tenderest most flavorful meat you can use in a jambalaya.

Those heads look great, and I can almost taste that crisp skin.

Beautiful job, congrats on a great cook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky