Smoked Cheese, 10yr evolution, self-built

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
looks great.

Cheese is so easy to smoke!

Smoked my first cheese in a cardboard box, soldering iron and a can of wood chips.

Reactions: ald73008
Looks like you made a nice setup for yourself. I have previously sold some of my smoked cheese at work but over the past 17 months our office has been working from home and it looks like a permanent thing. Probably will have slim opportunities for that in the future. Hope yours goes well. Keep us updated.

Looks like you made a nice setup for yourself. I have previously sold some of my smoked cheese at work but over the past 17 months our office has been working from home and it looks like a permanent thing. Probably will have slim opportunities for that in the future. Hope yours goes well. Keep us updated.
Thank you, and good luck to you too!

Looks good! In another couple months I'll be restocking my supply. I'm down to about 15 pounds. I just use my smoker with a mailbox mod. I usually go 3-4 hours.
I rotate my cheese so that I have 2-3 year old cheese on hand. And newer stuff aging.
This year I have a few blocks that I'm eager to try.
P8240063.JPG

Welcome from Oregon! I use my Masterbuilt vertical for cold smoking. I did a batch of cheese a few weeks ago with apple. Since I’m from Oregon, it’s Tillamook all the way! The black extra sharp is so good. Costco is a great place to get the large blocks.

Welcome from Oregon! I use my Masterbuilt vertical for cold smoking. I did a batch of cheese a few weeks ago with apple. Since I’m from Oregon, it’s Tillamook all the way! The black extra sharp is so good. Costco is a great place to get the large blocks.
I favor the apple wood above all others for my cheese. Only other I might use on rare occasion is pecan. To me, the pecan seems to add a "pepper-like" flavor.
Tons of Sam's Club here, but they just recently opened OKC's first Costco. Might have to check em out. Thanks for reading!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky