1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SMF computer virus attempt!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jirodriguez, Jan 11, 2011.

1. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

FYI - I just got a notice that my Norton just blocked a HTTP Zombie Exploit Request attempt on my computer that originated from SMF. First time I have ever gotten anything like that from SMF, just wanted to let others know to keep an eye out!

2. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Update.... getting an attempt every time I open any of the posts...... even this one.

3. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I have reported this to Huddler. Looks like a google Ad issue again. 

4. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

Same here Johnny, good thing I have Norton.

5. TulsaJeff

TulsaJeff Smoke Whisperer Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

Thanks Brian[​IMG]

6. smokingohiobutcher

smokingohiobutcher Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Relentless Suckers aren't they!   All I wanna do is look at stuff about Q!! Cant they just leave us alone!

Ok I'm done whining! 

SOB

7. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Same thing just happened to me. Norton blocked it.

8. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yup - I'm getting it too. BOO-HISS!!

9. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

This was a issue with Norton and false positive on a file used by lots of sites. Huddler changed the name of the file to stop this action. Norton also is releasing a fix.