SMALL GARDEN IN EAST TEXAS - 3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't posted anything about my garden lately, Here is an update, I pulled all my onions and Taters 3 or 4 weeks ago, I got plenty of each but they were small this year compared to last year and the year before. We got a tremendous amount rain and I'm pretty sure that affected the size. My Squash and Zucchini plants came on like gang busters got enough squash for about 3 messes and that was it withered up and died. Tomatoes and Cucumbers are another story.
We can't eat or give them away fast enough. Fridge is full of Al's recipe pickles plus Bread and Butter canned about 3 gallons of tomatoes (Probably do one more canning on them) I'm gunna have a big crop of Muscadine's , Peaches doing good, Pear tree has 3 pear's Plum Tree has 2 plums they are only 2.5 years old. Next year they should have plenty. My blackberry's did pretty good.
Cayenne and bells doing good. About two weeks ago I planted my Sweet Taters and Green Beans, both are doing really good, Last Saturday I planted some Okra. Also Fig tree is loaded and getting a few strawberry's if we can beat the birds.

Gary

I haven't posted anything about my garden lately, Here is an update, I pulled all my onions and Taters 3 or 4 weeks ago, I got plenty of each but they were small this year compared to last year and the year before. We got a tremendous amount rain and I'm pretty sure that affected the size. My Squash and Zucchini plants came on like gang busters got enough squash for about 3 messes and that was it withered up and died. Tomatoes and Cucumbers are another story.
We can't eat or give them away fast enough. Fridge is full of Al's recipe pickles plus Bread and Butter canned about 3 gallons of tomatoes (Probably do one more canning on them) I'm gunna have a big crop of Muscadine's , Peaches doing good, Pear tree has 3 pear's Plum Tree has 2 plums they are only 2.5 years old. Next year they should have plenty. My blackberry's did pretty good.
Cayenne and bells doing good. About two weeks ago I planted my Sweet Taters and Green Beans, both are doing really good, Last Saturday I planted some Okra. Also Fig tree is loaded and getting a few strawberry's if we can beat the birds.

Gary

"Where's the Beef?" (Pics)
I love your Garden Pics!!
Be back.

Bear

We are getting about this many Muscadine's every other day still a lot out there. Also the figs are getting ripe about 5 -6 a day. Strawberry Fig Jam and Muscadine Jelly Mmmmm

We have about 5 bags of this many already
IMG_1393.jpg

Thanks

Gary

Nah just jelly

Gary

I love muscadine jelly! Neighbor grows the Platinum variety. Looks wrong, tastes good! LOL He doesn't make wine either. I used to pick 'em wild, climbing up in the old trees picking them and smoking smoke vines, my lips would be covered in fever blisters for a week...LOL Wasn't as funny then though. LOL

Thanks Foam, Used to go pick em wild with my uncle, and my aunt would make jelly. My wife grew up picking Muscadine's and blackberry's Love that jelly

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky