single "practice" "fattie"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grothe

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2008
Connecticut
I don't know if this is considered a "fattie" being it was all beef. I had a package of ground beef in the fridge for a few days that i had to do something with before it went bad. Just figured it be good practice rolling.

Flattened out in ziplock bag - saw this here somewhere, wish I could remember who posted it (would like to give credit and points). Easiest method for me!

Loaded with minced garlic, onion powder, sauted mushrooms, mozz cheese sticks, salt, and pepper.

I roll halfway from one side....

then the other.....

squeeze the heck out of it & wrap n twist

Unwrap, add bacon.

smoked @ 230 til internal of 150. Kinda hard to see - gettin dark out - need more lights in here!

Added sauce while eating. Turned out pretty good for quick n easy.

Looks very much like a fattie to me , meat, stuffing, rolled, smoked.
Real nice job on the bacon lattice btw.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks teeotee!

Wish my bacon was a little longer, or fattie shorter....... wait......no..... it's the bacon's fault!

Glad you were able to keep that fatty from spinnin' outta control
biggrin.gif
( sorry I couldn't resist
icon_lol.gif
)

Great job on the weave , looks soooo good
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Love the tractor too !!!

Thanx guys! Saw everyone else did weaves so.....

Yeah, great work on the weave. Don't sweat whether it's a fattie or not. Fattie is a state of mind. If it tastes good, who cares what it's called!

i think capt dan posted the deal on rolling with baggie and eme also posted on that method so that prob where it was seen. regardless of method used heck ya that was a fattie... ground meat flattened, filling on top and rolled back up like a jelly roll w ends sealed off=fatty, kinda reminds me of mushroom and swiss i did with elk a while back. bet it was darn good!!!! great job!!!!!

That looks picture perfect...we will see you this w/e huh?
hey thx for the pix of Diesel, he is the cutest dog ever! I am glad he is back into the pond!

I don't know about cute - 165 pounds - more like a bear.
Gonna try to join in this weekend. Weather here's been rainy all spring & summer.
icon_evil.gif
Suppose to be nice through Sunday and got alotta hay to cut and bale.... Try to sneak something in. Probably gonna be a late night smoke if I don't get into too many beers!!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky