Treating Friends To Cherry Smoked Picanha (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Start to finish outstanding meal! Love the stuffed shrooms and caprese as well. I’ve got a ton of basil going so will be on those salads soon.

Wow that looks great, I have a picanha in the freezer and was wondering what to do with it, now I know. Thanks! Here in Iowa our garden tomatoes aren't ready yet, but when they are I'll be making some caprese salad.

Sorry a little late to the party

Robert , great looking meal and your friends Rick and Susan are lucky to be on the receiving end of some great foods.

And the final shot is a winner for me

David

Very nice. I really liked the picanha steak you sent me.
Thank you for the kind words. We have come to really love the Picanha. They are excellent quality and at a very reasonable price point.
I think we're going to have a bunch of people over & do the brisket for the 4th.
Sounds fun. Just please remember what I mentioned to you about how to cook that brisket :emoji_wink:

Robert

I have a sirloin cap wet aging out in the garage. I was going to cut into steaks Friday but yours looks so good I think I'll run it with my BBB
We just love doing these low and slow as roasts. I bet they would make for some great steaks though.
Mine is a humble Publix cut though ;)
I'd bet it still comes out amazing :emoji_wink:
I have a secret that I'll gladly share with the forum and Tracy. Citric acid.
Thanks for the tip!! I'll let T know. Although the pan looked horrid it actually cleaned right up with little or no effort. I like the idea of the citric acid though.

Robert

Man Robert! This looks spectacular!!
Thank you my friend. It was a nice meal.
Back in my appliance repair days. That's what I'd recommend.
I'll tell Tracy about the citric acid and see if she's willing to give it a go. She's the person who has every conceivable cleaning agent specific for every little thing in the house. It's crazy how much cleaning junk she has around here but she might be up for the idea.

Robert

Man Robert! That is some great looking food! Every dish is just incredible.
Thank you Brian. I appreciate it my friend.
I wish I would of ordered some of that when had sale.
They run a sale pretty much every holiday, including the 4th of July. If you wanna order before then, send me a PM. I have a discount code that will get you the same 25% off that the sale prices were.

Robert

Done to perfection Robert! Got to agree with Tracy, a little char and 130º IT on Picanha is flavor town for me.
Very much appreciate it Matt. Honestly though, I can handle beef cooked to the mid 130's. It just needs to be at least somewhat pink and not dried out. Doing a steak at high heat to 128 and pulling it the carry over is about the same as doing a roast on low temp and pulling it at 130 or 132 so it's pretty much a wash. I just like picking on Tracy when she can't fight back :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: schlotz
Robert, what else to say but that plate is amazing...... I may just have to find a reason to do a little hog hunting nearby so I can come say "HI"!!!!
Thank you sir!! Come on down. there are hogs-a-plenty around here and no limit so bring lots of ammo....and a big truck to haul it all back.

Robert

Food looks great, very nice assortment that was arranged beautifully.
Thank you very much sir. I truly appreciate it. On a different note, have you had any luck procuring beef belly from CPB? If not, shoot me a PM :emoji_wink:

Robert

Wow Robert another perfect meal shared with friends
It was a nice meal and a nice time with friends. Thank you.
The houses in your 'hood should be going quick
They are going quick....back to the lenders via foreclosure. People bought into these homes a couple years ago at grossly inflated prices and took up to 120% financing. They'd do a 1st loan at 95% then a 2nd for down payment and closing costs. What winds up happening when the economy drops is the home they financed $1.7 million for is now worth $1.2 million and they are buried. Property taxes are knocking on the door of $40K a year and folks just cannot afford to live. Hard to fathom these people in their early 30's are buying homes of this caliber with no clue how to deal with anything that comes up requiring finances....that they don't have due to being buried in their house. So sad but a reality they need to learn. Heck, another one just down the street went on the market this morning and they are going to take a HUGE hit on it if the thing sells.

Robert

• Sad
Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Start to finish outstanding meal! Love the stuffed shrooms and caprese as well.
Thank you my friend. It was a nice dinner all around. The mushrooms and salad were the perfect accompaniments for the roast....and the taters were were pretty darned good too :emoji_wink:

Robert

Wow that looks great, I have a picanha in the freezer and was wondering what to do with it, now I know.
Thank you. The Picanha is just an amazing cut of meat. Somebody just posted doing one that had been cut into steaks and it looked very good too. We just love the slow smoked aspect of the roasts.

Robert

Sorry a little late to the party
Fashionably late David, fashionable late :emoji_wink: You showed up, that's all that counts.
Robert , great looking meal and your friends Rick and Susan are lucky to be on the receiving end of some great foods.
Thank you sir. they are great friends and just wonderful people. They don't do much at all in the way of cooking though so jump at every opportunity to come visit for a meal...and we love having them here so it's a win-win situation.
And the final shot is a winner for me
Hee hee...you know i loike doing those close up shots of the finished meal....if it's worth taking pics of.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thank you very much sir. I truly appreciate it. On a different note, have you had any luck procuring beef belly from CPB? If not, shoot me a PM :emoji_wink:

Robert
You are welcome. I unfortunately had some medical stuff come up with the wife that consumed my time for last couple weeks. I have not pursued it. But will soon. The West coast contact is Shaun Loveseth. Thanks for asking and reminding me too. Edit** I actually had taken two briskets out and have thawing in one of the fridges. I completely forgot about them too. Need to toss when I get home. Dang.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky