Shrimpers!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wish you were my neighbor who suddenly discovered they made too much shrimp. I love shrimp.

Its the only way to do shrimp. Buy 'em, head 'em, bag 'em and in the freezer. They can sit there 30 years, (like that might happen), and when thawed be as fresh as the day they were frozen. Pop used to save our empty waxed cardboard milk cartons. Open the top, rinse 'em out put fish or crawfish or shrimp and then fill with water and freeze. I have eaten 15 year old crawfish from that old freezer and they were excellent.

Now I use Ziplocs but you have to be careful and not stress the seal open nor leave air pockets nor punch holes with those pointie things on the tail. There is always a few that are trouble, but once ya know what to look for and how to do it, its not so hard.

Still have the connections I think back in the old RV garage.

Looks real good Kevin. All I could do when I saw all that shrimp was hang my head and cry. Not many fresh shrimp in Alberta.
I must have got a smart Dr. After my heart attack, he never even hinted that I shouldn't eat shrimp.
Gary

Ya know Gary, its because shell high are one of the two major sources of triglycerides (holy moly I spelled that!), but for the life of me I can't understand what chocolate and shell fish have in common.

Its really hard to think of someone who doesn't like shrimp. Don't think I have ever met one, I've known folks that were allergic, but never anyone who disliked 'em.

Oh lordie. You’ve done it again. They all look perfect Kev. B

Thank you BD.

Now we gotta figure out a way to smoke 'em. You can flash grill 'em like shisk-a-bob or just quick grill 'em with butter garlic dill sauce. But they lose all their moisture so quick ...... If I had an outdoor pizza oven could do that. But I don't and I ain't building nothing else, there are enough unfinished projects around here now. Nothing really works in the smoker, shrimp pie is oven, shrimp boudin could smoke the finished boudin I guess, none of the gravies or stews are done in the smoker. I'll keep thinking, don't think I'll run out soon. I wonder about a shrimp mac & Cheese in the smoker?

Shrimp Mac and cheese sounds like a great combo to me.

If you make that up? You gotta post some pictures and let us know what you thought of it.

That Cajun smoked shrimp is my favorite way so far.

Old bay seasoned and rest for a couple hours in the fridge. Then into a disposable aluminum cake pan with some butter slices, a light dusting of Cajun seasoning, cayenne hot pepper sauce, minced garlic and some oregano over that and into the smoker.

Last edited:
My Pop and I were both alike, we'd set at the local bar shooting the breeze having a cold one and get the barkeep to bring us the fixings (Ketchup, lemon, horseradish and Tabasco) and we'd take the packs of saltine crackers and dunk in it and eat 'em when there was no oysters.! LOL.... good stuff!
No washyasister sauce?

Mike

Shrimp Mac and cheese sounds like a great combo to me.

If you make that up? You gotta post some pictures and let us know what you thought of it.

That Cajun smoked shrimp is my favorite way so far.

Old bay seasoned and rest for a couple hours in the fridge. Then into a disposable aluminum cake pan with some butter slices, a light dusting of Cajun seasoning, cayenne hot pepper sauce, minced garlic and some oregano over that and into the smoker.

Sounds good.

No washyasister sauce?

Mike

LOL... that's why I always say Lea & Perrins.......LOL You ever tried making your own? I tried once, it didn't work out. Same thing with Bitters. Some things are just better bought.

Nope never put lea & Perrins in cocktail sauce, now BBQ sauce yes, but never have with seafood. I like so I don't know why. In my cocktail sauce all you taste is horseradish and Tabasco sauce anyway...LOL I likes me some horseradish!

Reactions: SonnyE
Thank you BD.

Now we gotta figure out a way to smoke 'em. You can flash grill 'em like shisk-a-bob or just quick grill 'em with butter garlic dill sauce. But they lose all their moisture so quick ...... If I had an outdoor pizza oven could do that. But I don't and I ain't building nothing else, there are enough unfinished projects around here now. Nothing really works in the smoker, shrimp pie is oven, shrimp boudin could smoke the finished boudin I guess, none of the gravies or stews are done in the smoker. I'll keep thinking, don't think I'll run out soon. I wonder about a shrimp mac & Cheese in the smoker?
I’m thinking smoke em on a grill matt served with some of that remoulade sauce from the recipe you sent... just thinkin out loud. B

"

Shellfish, and M&M's.
Hard shell outside, yummie goodness inside....

150 pounds of Beautiful Shrimp!
WOW!

Never thought of it like that! If I can make the comparison between M&M's and brown sugar rubbed pork I guess I should have thought of it.

LOL... I know a cardiologist who went thru the roof over a blood test till I confessed a friend had brought chocolate covered strawberries over the night before the test and I didn't to hurt her feelings, right? She was in the "let me take care of you mood/mode" before a blood test...... can I pick 'em or what?

MMMmmmm..... Nice!!:)
You Be One Lucky Dude, Foamy.
I don't do Shrimp often, because Mrs Bear doesn't do Fish or Seafood, but my favorite is sautéed in butter---Tastes like Lobster Tail to me.
Like.

Bear

I’m thinking smoke em on a grill matt served with some of that remoulade sauce from the recipe you sent... just thinkin out loud. B

These are the perfect size for shrimp remoulade, they are not small enough for gumbos and gravies (but they will be till the next season when we'll get smaller I am sure). They are not huge enough to stuff or bake, so they are in that nether region which means impressive salad and perfect fried!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky