BBQ Shrimp & Grits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pmad

Original poster
Nov 18, 2023
Made BBQ Shrimp and Grits tonight.
New Orleans BBQ Shrimp - Panchetta, Shrimp, Creole Seasoning, Butter, Lemon, Worcestershire, Hot Sauce, Beer.
Grits - Shrimp Stock, Butter, Cream, Parmesan.

Shrimp.jpg

I like the bowl pic, it says, "Eat Me!"

I've some questions though.
Never seen shell-on shrimp served with grits.
Using the shrimp stock in the grits do the flavors overlap too much i.e. does the shrimp flavor completely dominate?
Compared to using water or chicken broth for the grits to keep the flavors between the two unique and complimentary

Reactions: JLeonard and pmad
I like the bowl pic, it says, "Eat Me!"

I've some questions though.
Never seen shell-on shrimp served with grits.
Using the shrimp stock in the grits do the flavors overlap too much i.e. does the shrimp flavor completely dominate?
Compared to using water or chicken broth for the grits to keep the flavors between the two unique and complimentary
You are correct - shrimp and grits are usually made with peeled shrimp.
I made essentially 2 dishes - BBQ shrimp (which should always be made with shell and heads on as the fat flavors the sauce) & grits.

As far as overlap - I've noticed that in the past. Tonight, I actually steeped some shrimp shells in chicken stock. It worked out well.

Pouring the BBQ shrimp sauce over it is a must. It's so good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky