Shrimpers!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's good news! !
Really liked your pictures and recipe for those Cajun smoked shrimp that you posted.

Made it up a couple of times and it was a big hit. Even friends that said they are not big shrimp eaters gave me a big 2 thumbs up on it.

Man when I lived in Ft'Laud we could buy rock shrimp right off the boats in 40# bags.
Here in Sebring crappie is about all you can get fresh!
Al

150lbs of shrimp deheaded and in the freezer (the A/C in the garage is out too!)

IMG_8841.JPG

After deheading had 7 pans like this to freeze.

IMG_8842.JPG

Really nice sized shrimp. Good price right off the boat.

IMG_8845.JPG

Took 4 complete freezer shelves like the above. Will freeze 'em flat and check for leaks then stand 'em on end and it will only fill one shelf with all the bags.

Hot tired and sweaty. Will think more about 'what to cook after a shower and a cold beer.

Shrimp. Yep, another of the delicious things in life I miss...
Shell fish, a no-no for heart farts...

LOL.... you listen to Doctors? I have had 4 heart attacks, I have 11 stints, the lower lobe of my heart is dead... who says ya can't eat shrimp? Ya know there are a lot more old drunks than there are old doctors.

Reactions: bdskelly
Lookin forward to this!

This should be good! B

Sorry guys, after the shower I grabbed a beer, sat down in that damn reclyner and it made me take a nap. I hate it when that happens. Woke up in time to see us loss yet another baseball game. This is getting pretty serious.

So I'll probably fry the first batch. IMHO the very best way to eat seafood is fried! Everything else is just good cooking, but fried shrimp, oysters, softshell, fish, etc etc etc... I mean a shrimp and squash casserole is delicious but..... Would you believe a shrimp, andouille and pineapple grilled pizza? Will just blow you away but my arteries demand fried first.

Man when I lived in Ft'Laud we could buy rock shrimp right off the boats in 40# bags.
Here in Sebring crappie is about all you can get fresh!
Al

Ain't nothing wrong with crappie! LOL... neighbor last week brought me over a couple of small ones, he was really wanting some of my fish fry though....LOL I have always been different. I really don't care for all the "expensive fish", salmon mackerel, trout, etc etc etc..... I am a catfish and pan-fish kinda guy. Pop always said, if it was big enough to bite the hook it was big enough to clean and he always used smallest he could buy! If you had to do the cleaning, you hated the concept!

LOL.... you listen to Doctors? I have had 4 heart attacks, I have 11 stints, the lower lobe of my heart is dead... who says ya can't eat shrimp? Ya know there are a lot more old drunks than there are old doctors.

Speaking from the same cardio experiences as Kev.... If the doc tells you to to get off shrimp then change doctors.
Lol b

And you don't let her get away with a weak excuse like that do you?

Just get me started about my sister. She ripped me off for $8,500 which was her half of the estate debt that I had to pay. I'll just say that she and her husband consider themselves to be Very Special.

Some people really crave re-assurance at everyone else's expense.

As for shrimp, though, there is a growing pond-raised shrimp industry in Ohio.

Foamheart,
I’m from BTR and lived in germany for 13 yrs. now live in Bossier City.
Every time I go back home I get fried seafood.
So eat up and enjoy that amazing spread. Looks so good. and I gotta have the cocktail sauce too. Gives it a little kick.
Cajun-certified goodness right there.

Wish you were my neighbor who suddenly discovered they made too much shrimp. I love shrimp.

Foamheart,
I’m from BTR and lived in germany for 13 yrs. now live in Bossier City.
Every time I go back home I get fried seafood.
So eat up and enjoy that amazing spread. Looks so good. and I gotta have the cocktail sauce too. Gives it a little kick.
Cajun-certified goodness right there.

My Pop and I were both alike, we'd set at the local bar shooting the breeze having a cold one and get the barkeep to bring us the fixings (Ketchup, lemon, horseradish and Tabasco) and we'd take the packs of saltine crackers and dunk in it and eat 'em when there was no oysters.! LOL.... good stuff!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky