Shang Tang - Taiwanese Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This looks like a good one for sure, however, I think I'd mix and stuff a bit differently!  
ROTF.gif

This looks like a good one for sure, however, I think I'd mix and stuff a bit differently!  
ROTF.gif
Yes my thoughts exactly! I'll be using the 5# LEMon squeezer.

I hand cut 75% of the meat when I make linguica. The other 25% I run through the course grind on the grinder. So for the first batch I may go that route.

I will also use hog casings and not collagen.

I probably will add cure to the sausage, even though non was used in the video. That two day drying thing ya know.

Last edited:

ROTF.gif
Yes my thoughts exactly! I'll be using the 5# LEMon squeezer.

I hand cut 75% of the meat when I make linguica. The other 25% I run through the course grind on the grinder. So for the first batch I may go that route.

I will also use hog casings and not collagen.

I probably will add cure to the sausage, even though non was used in the video. That two day drying thing ya know.
Are you going to use the funnel or the lemon squeezer ? 
ROTF.gif

DS2003, I looked at the ingredients and they look good but what is a rice bowl for measurements?
confused.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

DS2003, I looked at the ingredients and they look good but what is a rice bowl for measurements?:confused: :icon_biggrin:

What you don't have rice bowls? We have rice bowls.

They are pretty close to 2 cups of liquid.

Last edited:
I had this at a taiwanese eatery, this is good.

didnt the Nudge make a song about this   
laugh1.gif

That looks really good. Some Old School hand processing. The ingredient list said Dried Garlic but the Golden Color and her accent sounded like Fried Garlic, similar used in Thai cuisine. What do you think?...JJ

That looks really good. Some Old School hand processing. The ingredient list said Dried Garlic but the Golden Color and her accent sounded like Fried Garlic, similar used in Thai cuisine. What do you think?...JJ

In my research of this sausage several of the other recipes that I have read list dried garlic as the ingredient. I suppose one could use fried.

The Vietnamese Pho shop I like adds fried garlic and onion to some of their dishes. Love it! It's almost as good as the gribeness you get when making schmaltz.

Better use the funnel method when stuffing these.

That two day drying time could be four with all the

extra water for your LEMon squeezer.  
biggrin.gif

I will be looking for this one, sounds good.

Hope ya'll enjoy the vacation.

Ed

Better use the funnel method when stuffing these.

That two day drying time could be four with all the

extra water for your LEMon squeezer.  
biggrin.gif

I will be looking for this one, sounds good.

Hope ya'll enjoy the vacation.

Ed
I'm going with the Chinese soup spoon!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky