Saturday smokin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BoilerBBQ

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 19, 2018
Madison, WI
This is my first weekend with my WSM, so I had do do some smoking. Started out with some baby backs rubbed with my hometown fire dept’s secret pork burger seasoning. Smoked with hickory and pecan using the 2-2-1 method. I debated on using the water pan or not and decided to use it this time. I’ll probably try it dry next time to see if I can tell a difference. I diced some red potatoes, put the same seasoning on them and put them on the lower grate. When I pulled the ribs off, I added a little more charcoal and threw a breakfast fatty on for the morning. Ribs turned out great... pulling the fatty off right now.

DEC9CC3A-257F-49E7-B799-D437C5FB3A1C.jpeg
7439DFC4-5B43-43BA-A349-D0045499DC51.jpeg

Nice Job on those ribs. They look great. I don't bother putting water in the pan on my 22 just foil wrap it. For me it takes to much energy to heat the water up. I smoke in the 250 to 260* range. Plus you have to dump it after....

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky