• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Salt curing hams (prosciutto )

dave54

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 12, 2009
whats that white stuff sticking out of the poly bag ? is that lard or mold ?
Lard

DID U GUYS D BONE IT ?

No this year we didnt ,depended on who we talked to about taking the  bone out

so this year we are trying with bone in

the sows ear

Joined Feb 13, 2013
cycletrash -- we have been raising and butchering hogs in the Steubenville area for about twelve years, love to cure our own, but we have two hogs to hang this Friday and no pink salt.  Is there anywhere local to get it, or must we have it sent overnight delivery?

the sow's ear

dls1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 6, 2012
cycletrash -- we have been raising and butchering hogs in the Steubenville area for about twelve years, love to cure our own, but we have two hogs to hang this Friday and no pink salt.  Is there anywhere local to get it, or must we have it sent overnight delivery?

the sow's ear
Try Butcher Packer Supply. They're usually quick. For expedited shipping call 800-521-3188

http://www.butcher-packer.com/

spartan1967

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 21, 2013
You can probably purches salt cure #1 ( pink salt ) from Cabelas online or bassproshops goodluck

smokeusum

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 13, 2013
You can probably purches salt cure #1 ( pink salt ) from Cabelas online or bassproshops goodluck
I have found it locally at an organic store in my city, but have also found it at the Amish Market further out... They do have a website you can order from... Trust me, if its needed for canning, curing or preserving - the guys these have it!
http://www.yodersmart.com/

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.