Salt curing hams (prosciutto )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
whats that white stuff sticking out of the poly bag ? is that lard or mold ?
Lard

DID U GUYS D BONE IT ?

No this year we didnt ,depended on who we talked to about taking the  bone out

so this year we are trying with bone in

cycletrash -- we have been raising and butchering hogs in the Steubenville area for about twelve years, love to cure our own, but we have two hogs to hang this Friday and no pink salt.  Is there anywhere local to get it, or must we have it sent overnight delivery?

the sow's ear

cycletrash -- we have been raising and butchering hogs in the Steubenville area for about twelve years, love to cure our own, but we have two hogs to hang this Friday and no pink salt.  Is there anywhere local to get it, or must we have it sent overnight delivery?

the sow's ear
Try Butcher Packer Supply. They're usually quick. For expedited shipping call 800-521-3188

http://www.butcher-packer.com/

9 months and looking good!

b61cb4ba_011.jpg

e449557a_005.jpg 63ee1ac0_007.jpg
Where do you get the netting? About to do one?

When we started them the temps were between 40 to 55 degrees ... but i kept the humidity below 65....that is very important !! by summer it stayed about 70 degrees in that room but they were pretty much cured by may....pressing and salting for the first 25 to 30 days and keeping them from freezing but cool...for the first few months then keep track of the humidity was my major concern
What was your Humidity after the first few months? I keep my chamber at 70% would that work?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky