Salmon Season

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blacklab

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 12, 2008
Battleground Wa
Salmon tule's have been running pretty good here for about a week. My neighbor has been catchin a few 6 to be exact 2 kings 4 jacks . Me I'm still in the fishin stage, but where ever there's a drought there's alway's a flood
icon_mrgreen.gif
. He asked if I would process his fish for him. Fillet, smoke and vacuum seal half and the other half just fillet and seal. He offerd me $20 a fish couldn't beleive it. Long story short The person that usually does it charges him that. This year he's to busy I guess. Anyway told him no problem it'll be fun. But there is no way I can charge you 20 a fish. We set a price of $45 this time smoking 1 king and 3 jacks and just filleting and steaking out the rest. Here's a what I smoked. Using Hi MT Alaska salmon brine for 24 hours rinsing padded and air dry for three hrs. Used alder chunks @ 225 till done.

Nice smoke my friend, thanks for sharing the Q View. I'm waiting for a salmon slab to thaw for the weekend.

Great Looking Salmon, wish we had them around Kansas...
icon_sad.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky