SAINT LOUIS RIBS 2 WAYS. OLD SCHOOL AND NEW- GLAZED AND HEATED DAY AFTER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looking good and making me hungry. St Louis style at our house over BB's as well. Just better eating IMO.

All this rib talk has me second guessing my planed evening meal of grilled fish & shrimp. Oh well too late now to change up the menu.

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Looking good and making me hungry. St Louis style at our house over BB's as well. Just better eating IMO.

All this rib talk has me second guessing my planed evening meal of grilled fish & shrimp. Oh well too late now to change up the menu.
Thanks buddy. Grilled fish and shrimp sounds good to me!

Looking good! About to go pick up my first smoker tonight and plan on cooking up some SL ribs using Malcolm Reed's AP Rub and BBQ Rub. The one time I used the BBQ Rub (on a propane grill with a smoke tube) I thought it was a little heavy on the chili powder side, but can't wait to cook them on a proper smoker (well...pellet anyway...I'm a smokin' newbie).

Looking good! About to go pick up my first smoker tonight and plan on cooking up some SL ribs using Malcolm Reed's AP Rub and BBQ Rub. The one time I used the BBQ Rub (on a propane grill with a smoke tube) I thought it was a little heavy on the chili powder side, but can't wait to cook them on a proper smoker (well...pellet anyway...I'm a smokin' newbie).

Good luck with that and post some pics if you get a chance, we all like to live vicariously through others cooks....:emoji_laughing:

John

Welcome to SMF. Congrats on your new smoker. I love Malcolm Reed's stuff. Never noticed heavy chili powder taste. It is low salt with bit of sweet which I like.

Those look like they're gonna be real good Hawg. I like BBs if I can find them without the big chunk of loin on top, but that's getting harder and harder to find.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank you! I know. Don't know what is up with that. Half ass trimming I guess plus they can add to the lbs of the rack. They will be done in a bit. Taking longer as I open the pit a bunch to spritz and add layers of flavor. I will upload final pics when done.

Those look like they're gonna be real good Hawg. I like BBs if I can find them without the big chunk of loin on top, but that's getting harder and harder to find.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you! I know. Don't know what is up with that. Half ass trimming I guess plus they can add to the lbs of the rack. They will be done in a bit. Taking longer as I open the pit a bunch to spritz and add layers of flavor. I will upload final pics when done.

So no ribs tonight, but got my smoker home, assembled and doing the first burn to clear out the uglies. Looks like it's holding temp fine which I know was a problem for some with the CC. Can't wait to throw some meat on that thing tomorrow.

For now I'll have to pretend through you, Hawg! Look forward to seeing them if you remember to take pics before eating them all!

Uploaded final pics. In my view, they turned out pretty good. Good bark, tender and juicy. Have not glazed them yet. We will feast Monday night during the game.

Nice hawg!

On the second day I like to sauce and wrap them and warm the in the oven till hot

I decided to let the racks rest overnight then glaze and reheat in the oven for tonight. For some reason they are always better the second day after resting in the fridge. Used my homemade BBQ sauce on the rack with just Greek/Tony's seasoning and the Pineapple Habanero Glaze on the rack with all the flavor layers. 9 flavor layers on that one per normal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky