Rotisserie Info needed.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Ok, chopsaw chopsaw clifish clifish SmokinAl SmokinAl , or anyone else that has a rotisserie for a kettle. My wife was asking me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her I kinda of wanted a roto for the kettle. Now I have a couple of questions for you spinners.

1. What brand is recommended. I'm probably looking for an electric roto with a battery back-up?

2. Should I go with a roto for my 22" or 26" kettle?

These are just starter questions. I'm sure I'll have more when I start narrowing down the options.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Reactions: tropics
If you got 1 with a spit long enough for the 26" you can always use it on the 22" imo

Reactions: gmc2003
Ok, chopsaw chopsaw clifish clifish SmokinAl SmokinAl , or anyone else that has a rotisserie for a kettle. My wife was asking me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her I kinda of wanted a roto for the kettle. Now I have a couple of questions for you spinners.

1. What brand is recommended. I'm probably looking for an electric roto with a battery back-up?

These are just starter questions. I'm sure I'll have more when I start narrowing down the options.

Thanks in advance
Chris
I have not seen one for the 26" but it may exist. I bought the onlyfire of the below but this one looks the same.

If you don't want to use the cover on the spinner the below looks really cool as a Santa Maria-Roto option. I have been really liking spinning with the cover off and adding splits to the baskets on each side.

If you got 1 with a spit long enough for the 26" you can always use it on the 22" imo
How would the riser work in that situation?

Chris

I have not seen one for the 26" but it may exist. I bought the onlyfire of the below but this one looks the same.

If you don't want to use the cover on the spinner the below looks really cool as a Santa Maria-Roto option. I have been really liking spinning with the cover off and adding splits to the baskets on each side.

I really like the Santa Maria one. It looks like it's battery operated. Do you know what size batteries and how long they would last?

Chris

I have the only fire pizza / spinner combo . Looks like they don't offer it anymore , or at least they don't list it on the website .

I would go with the 22 " . They do sell one for the 26 . The 22 won't cross over to the 26 or 26 won't cross over to the 22 .

Skip the battery , get an electric motor . I have the SS ring . Looks like they have came back down in price . It was up over $200.00 just a couple weeks ago .

I really like the combo . It has the door and an upper grate level . Like I said , I don't see that they offer it anymore .
1669600980104.jpeg
1669601012999.jpeg
The roto is really what you're after . So either one for the price would be good . The SS or the black at $119.00 or $109.00 on amazon . My opinion is that the fit and finish is good quality .
sawhorseray sawhorseray Ray uses his all the time .

Thanks in advance
Chris
Chris, if you have battery power tools, like Milwaukee you can get an adapter that will allow you to run 110 volt items off of your battery. Rotisserie's don't draw that much and you would be able to run your unit where no plug in power is available. I've run my electric rotisserie that I used on my pellet grill on the Milwaukee battery just to see if it would work and it did fine.

Reactions: gmc2003 and Steve H
I really like the Santa Maria one. It looks like it's battery operated. Do you know what size batteries and how long they would last?

Chris
not sure on the battery, but it is amazon so returns are free and easy. I would love to have this one since I do not use the lid typically spinning a bird.

The spinner pizza oven chopsaw chopsaw has can do pizza or hold a second grate but I don't see it available currently.

Chris, if you have battery power tools, like Milwaukee you can get an adapter that will allow you to run 110 volt items off of your battery. Rotisserie's don't draw that much and you would be able to run your unit where no plug in power is available. I've run my electric rotisserie that I used on my pellet grill on the Milwaukee battery just to see if it would work and it did fine.
Neat idea! Never thought about that.

I bought my onlyfire in July and love it. At that time, the pizza ring was still available on amazon, but not on the onlyfire page. I just looked and the pizza option is gone. I thought about it but don't make my own pizzas... been down enough rabbit holes. I bought the black as it matches my weber kettle. I've done lotsa chickens, a boneless leg of lamb and took a swing at a Picanha. I'm still learning this setup, but it's getting used so eventually I'll try a rib roast or something along those lines. I don't use splits, but a mix of charcoal and wood chunks with great success. I keep a few chunks off to the side warming up and put them in the fire as needed with a long set of tongs. Sorry, but I have a love/hate relationship with taking pics while I'm cooking.

I have the only fire pizza / spinner combo . Looks like they don't offer it anymore , or at least they don't list it on the website .

I would go with the 22 " . They do sell one for the 26 . The 22 won't cross over to the 26 or 26 won't cross over to the 22 .

Skip the battery , get an electric motor . I have the SS ring . Looks like they have came back down in price . It was up over $200.00 just a couple weeks ago .

I really like the combo . It has the door and an upper grate level . Like I said , I don't see that they offer it anymore .
View attachment 649630
View attachment 649632
The roto is really what you're after . So either one for the price would be good . The SS or the black at $119.00 or $109.00 on amazon . My opinion is that the fit and finish is good quality .
sawhorseray sawhorseray Ray uses his all the time .
Thanks Rich. I knew they sold roto's for the 26, but you never see them in use, and was wondering if there was a reason - beside cost or the lower numbers of 26 kettle out there. The kettles never leave my yard and the beer pole has electric hooked up. So I'd prefer electric. As for the finish. I'm not too fussy. Since my kettles are black, black would be fine. As long as the paint doesn't start peeling.
Thanks Bern, Yes I do have some battery power tools. Cool idea I didn't know that.

Chris

not sure on the battery, but it is amazon so returns are free and easy. I would love to have this one since I do not use the lid typically spinning a bird.

The spinner pizza oven chopsaw chopsaw has can do pizza or hold a second grate but I don't see it available currently.
Thanks Cliff. The pizza oven add-on would be nice, but for the amount of pizza I eat and the way I eat pizza. It wouldn't be necessary. I'm leaning more towards the electric motor at this point.
Onlyfire on Amazon. 120.00 Painted to match my Weber.

View attachment 649639
Nice quality. Corded motor. Plenty strong too.
That looks great Steve. Did you paint it yourself or is that an option I'm missing?

Chris

I bought my onlyfire in July and love it. At that time, the pizza ring was still available on amazon, but not on the onlyfire page. I just looked and the pizza option is gone. I thought about it but don't make my own pizzas... been down enough rabbit holes. I bought the black as it matches my weber kettle. I've done lotsa chickens, a boneless leg of lamb and took a swing at a Picanha. I'm still learning this setup, but it's getting used so eventually I'll try a rib roast or something along those lines. I don't use splits, but a mix of charcoal and wood chunks with great success. I keep a few chunks off to the side warming up and put them in the fire as needed with a long set of tongs. Sorry, but I have a love/hate relationship with taking pics while I'm cooking.
No need to be sorry about the lack of pics mr_whipple. I was that way when I first started out. My kettles are black also so the black riser would suit me fine. Thanks for the info on how you set it up. That would be the next thing I have to learn.

Chris

I too have the only Only Fire and can attest to the quality. They do not have the pizza option for the 22 anymore. I know I tried to buy one in July.
Thanks for the affirmation Bakerman. I'm leaning towards the Only Fire. Only positive reviews from the people I trust, SMF members.

Last edited:
Morning Chris,
I bought the Gabby Grills, Santa Maria setup & it came with a rotisserie.
When I bought mine this was the only option out there, now there are several companies making similar setups.
Al
Thanks Al. It looks like they do have one for the 26, but if I'm reading the web page correctly it's 590.00. A little too pricey for the amount of times I'd use it. The 22" should do the job. Now to decide which brand and if I want to with the santa maria option or just the roto.

Chris

The pizza setup is a stand alone thing now . Cool design .
I really like the combo just for the smoking aspect . 2 grate levels and you can add charcoal without taking the lid off . To bad they don't offer it anymore .

Be easy to add lugs to the top of the ring for another grate or higher cooking position on the regular spinner .
I was impressed with the bang for the buck of the Only fire .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky