Ribs and Shoulder from July

Discussion in 'Pork' started by hacksaw, Aug 20, 2011.

1. hacksaw

hacksaw Smoke Blower

Gotta keep this short & sweet.  Crappy wireless keeps dropping.  Was home for 2 weeks in July.  New Lang 36, awesome smoker, raised my game to the nth power.  Terrific smoke penetration on the ribs, I like 'em smokey.  Didn't foil the shoulder, wanted good bark, got it in spades.  Used SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce, awesome stuff.  Heres the Q-View!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. looks good!

3. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I am so proud of you,Hacksaw. And using no foil [​IMG]  right on;you'll be doing everything with no foil soon...[​IMG], that is if you like the Bark[​IMG].

It all looks great, have fun and.....................

4. bluebombersfan

bluebombersfan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow looks great!!  I just did some baby backs and wish I would have tried them without foil after seeing yours!!!!!

5. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Nice I'd hit that. [​IMG][​IMG]

6. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks good to me?

Good luck and good smoking.

7. hacksaw

hacksaw Smoke Blower

Thanks for all of the kind words, point of fact though, I did 2-2-1 on the ribs, so they did see foil for 2 hours....but even with being in foil, I have never gotten this kinda color/bark on my ribs before.  I am now hooked on Lang smokers!

8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Yes Sir, those ribs look awesome!

9. hacksaw

hacksaw Smoke Blower

THanks for the kind words!  I could not have done any of this without this site and it's members.  You guys are a gold mine of info and support!