Reheating Babybacks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uberhack

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
Longmont, CO
On Sunday I smoked up 2 racks of babybacks and we only ate one. I really wanted to attack the second one but feared the gastrointestinal retribution.
We put them in the freezer for later. I'm afraid that just reheating in the oven may dry them out.
Any recommendations?

If you foil them with a small amount of liquid before you put them in the oven, they should not dry out. You may lose some of the bark texture in the process...

You are coverd here. I also steam mine in a skillet over a rack for about 15 minutes covered.

If you slice them first, leave plenty of space between each rib and flip them over at about 30 seconds, they heat up fairly well in the microwave. Takes about a minute for 4 or so. Still plenty moist, be sure and cover them. I wet a paper towel over them.

The wife brought home a pasta pot/ double boiler. It a pot in a pot with a strainer build in well this model had two strainer pots a big one and a small one. Just that the bottom pot and some water and the smaller strainer pot and re-heat anything in the top pot and in a couple of minutes wham hot moist food again.

I had some leftover ribs that I cut up and put into foodsaver bags. Reheated them by bringing a pot of water to a boil and placing the bags in for a half hour or so. Came out great. I was kind of expecting mush but they still had a lot of texture.

Any left over ribs I have are already cut apart into individual ribs.  I just wrap em in foil and throw em in a toaster oven @ ~ 400 deg F for a half hour or so.  They come out tender and juicy.  You can also zap em in the microwave for a minute or so them foil em in the toaster oven.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky