Baby Backs on the Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin Okie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 27, 2018
Oklahoma City
Two racks of babybacks, one using Tuffy Stone's Cool Smoke BBQ rub and the other using Kosmos Dirty Bird.

Ran the MB560 at 270* for three hours, then wrapped and put them in the kitchen oven. Sauced the ribs with Tuffy Stone's Cherry Barbecue sauce and Kosmos Cherry Apple Habanero Rib Glaze

Haven't cut into them yet , they're in the warmer and I'm drinking a beer

20230428_113120.jpg
20230428_140448.jpg
20230428_160900.jpg

Enjoy the beer the ribs look great on my screen.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Smokin Okie
Well, sad news, we had too many beers and left them warming too long. They cooked too far and would not cut cleanly.

But ..........they had good flavor, just not picture perfect.

Carryover cooking was the culprit.

I opened up the foil and put them right back into our oven set at 145. I should've let them sit on the counter till the IT dropped to the 150 / 155 range and then put them in the oven to keep warm.

I knew better, but I don't always do what I know better.

Carryover cooking was the culprit.

I opened up the foil and put them right back into our oven set at 145. I should've let them sit on the counter till the IT dropped to the 150 / 155 range and then put them in the oven to keep warm.

I knew better, but I don't always do what I know better.
I ruined a ham few weeks ago. Took it out at 135 and went to 168 just sitting on top of oven. Should of let the steam out.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky