Red Barn SS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Need to use up the venison, Sumer sausage time.
12 1/2# mix venison/pork butt

20211026_141058.jpg

First time trying Amesphos ( thanks all for the help on this)
IMG_20211026_132342.jpg

All mixed up , fry test. Added in 1 .5 # pepperjack cheese and mixed again before stuffing.
20211026_143100.jpg

Foot controlled Cabelas stuffer ready with Muslim bags.
20211026_145106.jpg

Stuffed and in fridge overnight.
20211026_151121.jpg

MES 40 @ 140° , no smoke
Bumped to 150° Oak/Hickory/Cherry dust.
Bumped to 165°, Sausage to 145° (6 hrs 20 mins) held temp there for 30 mins, shut down and let cool. Fridge overnight, sliced up next day, and vac sealed.
20211028_120828.jpg

Seemed like the cheese made these casings come off a little tougher than the last time for some reason, but not terrible. Love these casings, can stuff them very tight without worry of breakage. Thanks for peeking :emoji_eyes:

Looks delicious. I get going on summer sausage like that I can wipe out a roll quick haha

Looks great . I wet the bags and wring them out before stuffing . A tip I got from
Rick . I'm with you on the bags . I love 'em .
I like the cheese addition . You nailed it nice work .

I broke down a beef knuckle yesterday . I have 2 1/2 pounds of clean trim from that and a pork butt . Gonna mix something up today .

Looks delicious. I get going on summer sausage like that I can wipe out a roll quick haha
Thank you, I did some damage right away as I was slicing also. Lol !
Very nice Winterrider.. some winter riding snacks! LOL!
Thank you, :emoji_relaxed:
Wow! They look amazing, Great work!
Thanks ,appreciate that.
Looking good ! That RBB is hard to beat.... I need to clean out the freezer and do the same thing.
Yes, this is the second batch I have made with it and quite pleased.
Nice! Looks great!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan !
Looks delicious to me. Very nice job.
Did you like the addition of the phos?
Thank you, yes I did. It seems like the meat stayed a lot more moist, unless it was the lower temps I took it to instead if 160°. Will use again.
Looks good. How did you like the addition of the phos?
Thanks, I most definitely will use again.
Looks great! I need to try those bags. And that mix. Like!
Thanks Steve, these bags are awesome. I will do chopsaw chopsaw tip soaking the bag next time.
Nice work bud. Looks amazing
Thank you very much Jake !
Wow…nice effort. Would love to try some!
:emoji_relaxed: ,thanks eddie.
Looks great . I wet the bags and wring them out before stuffing . A tip I got from
Rick . I'm with you on the bags . I love 'em .
I like the cheese addition . You nailed it nice work .

I broke down a beef knuckle yesterday . I have 2 1/2 pounds of clean trim from that and a pork butt . Gonna mix something up today .
Thanks Chop, and for the great tip of wetting them down. I was contemplating doing that, but removable wasn't an issue last time I did it.
Looks real good. Nicely done.
Thank you kindly sir :emoji_blush:
Looks awesome!!
Al
Thank you very much Al.
Ringer Ringer
bmudd14474 bmudd14474
tallbm tallbm
DougE DougE
DanMcG DanMcG
Johnny Ray Johnny Ray
jaxgatorz jaxgatorz
mike243 mike243
Fueling Around Fueling Around
texomakid texomakid
Thanks to everyone for the comments and likes, greatly appreciated !

great tip of wetting them down.
I asked Rick before I stuffed them for the first time . So that's a tip from him , and yes , you'll like that better . Just wring them out so they are just damp .

For taking them off , I make a vertical cut up thru the tied end . 90 degrees to the sewn seams . Then rip in two pulling down . Kind of like skinning a squirrel .
Yeah sometimes it wants to fight you .

Reactions: Winterrider
Damn, that looks like it turned out awesome.

I have a buddy that wets his bags down with red wine before he stuffs them....Oh my God that sounds hilarious!!!😂

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky