Reaction score. Where did it go?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It still shows on your profile. But I see what you mean....It is gone from your individual post.
Jim

Yep, good question Steve. I kinda liked seeing it also. Had not checked in a long, long time but it's also gone from the Forum Statistics page. Actually a number of things have been removed from the statistics page. Maybe just too much stuff to keep up with?

Robert

Reactions: bigfurmn
It doesn't really bother me either way, but I do think likes have been cheapened over the years. It used to be you were only allowed to like so many times in a day(I think 10). So the numbers weren't so inflated.

Good question. I like seeing the reaction score of members. To me that's more interesting than
how many messages.

As for the amount of responses goes at least that shows your participation in the forums. So I guess I like that one better.

Maybe just too much stuff to keep up with?

Robert

That should all be hard-coded in the forums program. So it's done automatically.

Chris

It used to be you were only allowed to like so many times in a day(I think 10). So the numbers weren't so inflated.
I never knew they were limited to x amount per day so as not to inflate the numbers. That's a great idea. When did that go away?

I never knew they were limited to x amount per day so as not to inflate the numbers. That's a great idea. When did that go away?

I'm not sure when, but sometime before the forum changed formats.

Chris

Never saw it as a competition thing. To me it showed how many people liked and appreciated what I was doing.

That is 100% accurate from my perspective. Well stated.

I do think likes have been cheapened over the years

All too true. Ya see some people just hitting the "like" button on everything they read. As much as I enjoyed seeing people's reaction scores, I did take them with a small grain of salt due to this.

That should all be hard-coded in the forums program. So it's done automatically

I figured as much but was somewhat trying to give a reason for the admins that it was removed :emoji_wink:

That's a great idea. When did that go away?

It used to be "points" as opposed to "likes" and yes, there was only a limited number of points you could pass out in a day. Don't really know when or why it changed but it has certainly changed. Not that the change is a bad thing in any way, it's just a different format now.

Robert

Here's a older thread on the subject
Chris

I've noticed reaction scores before but honestly didn't know what they meant or how the scoring process worked. After reading this thread, can I assume it is a ratio of likes to posts?

I've noticed reaction scores before but honestly didn't know what they meant or how the scoring process worked. After reading this thread, can I assume it is a ratio of likes to posts?

It's not a ratio, It's the amount of times members have hit the like button on your posts.

If it is used properly. It shows how many times someone has liked your posts. Be it a recipe, info on an item, picture, etc, etc

I guess I'm the forum baffoon that didn't even know this was a thing :emoji_laughing:

Im gonna have to pay attention better - Not the first time I've been told to do so :emoji_wink:

I'm in the habit of giving a "like" to folks who make a nice comment on my posts.
I don't individually thank everyone who "likes" something I did or said. That should be understood and I'm not that chatty.
I'll continue that habit.
I can be wrong (ask my wife), but I'm thinking there's some sort of fragile ego political correctness thing going on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky