Checking In

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I have been gone for a few weeks. Gretchen passed away and its been very hard to deal with. She always somehow knew when I was going out to the cooking patio and got very excited. She was my best friend and went everywhere with me. She was loved by many people. She was the Vet techs favorite GSD and they would all come say hi to her. I so grateful I retired early and got to spend these last few years with her. She passed fairly quick. She had been doing fairly well up to that. Also been having a heck of times with my hands. Doc gave me a steroid shot this week and had a reaction to it making it very hard to breathe. He has me on prednisone which I am also having a hard time with but it is helping. Going to see a hand surgeon when they get my referral. It may take me some more time to get get back to posting. It is still very hard.

20230711_111855.jpg 20230802_182820.jpg

On no Brian! I am so sorry. Loved your posts because they always included that beautiful girl. Just know she loved you as much as you loved her. She'll be waiting for you in heaven, ready to run and play like a puppy!

Jim

I know we talked privately about this , and I was starting to worry seeing your absence .
It's one of the hardest things to go through . I spend all my time with Lottie . When she goes I'll be lost .
Remember the good life you gave her . Brian they don't all get that .
Hang in there bud .

Reactions: JLeonard
My sincere condolences Brian. Losing your best buddy is a really hard thing. I hate to think of the day that Ivory is gone.
Also hope the doctor visit goes well.

Hate to hear about the pup, prayers sent for healing . my beagle had a seizure about a week ago, thought I was going to lose him, scared me badly. We get attached to them and they to us.

Reactions: chopsaw
I have been gone for a few weeks. Gretchen passed away and its been very hard to deal with. She always somehow knew when I was going out to the cooking patio and got very excited. She was my best friend and went everywhere with me. She was loved by many people. She was the Vet techs favorite GSD and they would all come say hi to her. I so grateful I retired early and got to spend these last few years with her. She passed fairly quick. She had been doing fairly well up to that. Also been having a heck of times with my hands. Doc gave me a steroid shot this week and had a reaction to it making it very hard to breathe. He has me on prednisone which I am also having a hard time with but it is helping. Going to see a hand surgeon when they get my referral. It may take me some more time to get get back to posting. It is still very hard.

View attachment 681137View attachment 681138
I'm sorry to hear all this Brian.
I'm also glad you got that extra good quality time with Gretchen.

I also hope the doctor gets your meds sorted out and your hands get fixed and mended soon. Just know that this may be a low point but soon the all paths should lead upwards :)

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Life with pets is as strong as raising children and very hard when you lose one. Hang in there when you're ready get you a new pup.

Warren

So sorry to hear Brian! It's tough losing a member of the family... but when it's their time it's best they go quickly. Best of luck with your health issues... hang in there!

Ryan

Reactions: chopsaw
Sorry to hear Brian

Very tough as they give unconditional love and friendship to us.

We lost one of our shitzu last month, was with us the whole RV time.

I feel your loss.:emoji_disappointed_relieved:

I saw your post on FB about Gretchen's passing. I think I responded but if not man I'm really sorry for your loss. I understand the best friend thing. I have friends and great family but especially since being divorced last year my pups are a special bond. I'm afraid is snap if I lost one. Hope they get that hand fixed up you gotta get back to gaming. I'm finishing of Hogwarts legacy right now and also bought the Alan Wake remastered for $10. What a great game for that price. I may have to spring for the sequel that came out. You've got my contact info. Reach out if you need anything.

Brian, sorry for your loss and hope you get feeling better soon. We lost our Zeke of 15.5 yeas 4 weeks ago from today. 1 week before my wife had 4 discs replaced in her neck. So lots of refocusing and enjoying the little things like a simple walk make a huge difference.

View attachment 681137View attachment 681138
It's always heart -breaking t o hear this. I'm so sorry. we're critter folks too, (different genus) but nonetheless feel you loss.

There's always a bright side. I'm assuming Gretchen died a natural death and you did not have to make the decision to put her down. She spared you that pain.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Very sorry Brian, it sure is a heartbreaker. :emoji_pray:
Hope they get you squared away, and can get back to other things to occupy your time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky