Bone Broth

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 19, 2009
Doniphan MO
The Better 9/10ths is already back in the swing of things and making bone broth. She's already made some chicken bone broth, but she wanted to make beef bone broth and asked if I could ask the butcher at the local Harp's store.

I rang the buzzer and out came Bxxxxxx. I asked about chicken feet and beef bones. No feet, and, at the moment no beef bones, which normally consists of ribs from the rib roasts. It was at that point he made a look; "But...?" I replied.

"Well, we did get a box of marrow bones by accident, if that'd work for ya...I can give you a good rate if you want them all, or you can have all 30 pounds if you want and I'll take some some off."

"Uh, yeah, I think that's okay."

Score!
1000012881.jpg

SCORE. Maybe you already know but a common chef only snack is to roast them and scoop onto a good cracker. Also, my local Walmart had chicken feet.

Reactions: mr mac and JLeonard
SCORE. Maybe you already know but a common chef only snack is to roast them and scoop onto a good cracker. Also, my local Walmart had chicken feet.
The Better 9/10ths made some sourdough bread. We toasted it and scooped some of the marrow out as a wee treat. 😋

Reactions: mike243 and zwiller
HOLY WOW!

I'd LOVE for my butcher to work with me on something like that!

I see some great things happening there! PLEASE show what all you do, because there is a LOT more than bone broth in this scenario!

Reactions: mr mac
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky