Rained Out : (

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Unique Name

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 8, 2019
Welp, I was all geared up to attempt my first smoke tomorrow morning and the forecast calls for a 100% chance of showers. Looks like a rain delay. I guess it just means more time for research...
Thanks to everyone who has given me advice and replies.
It's truly appreciated.
One final question...
When smoking an 8.5 pound picnic roast, do I use a FULL ring of charcoal to start (I'm gonna try the minion method)?
Thanks for any and all replies...

Welp, I was all geared up to attempt my first smoke tomorrow morning and the forecast calls for a 100% chance of showers. Looks like a rain delay. I guess it just means more time for research...
Thanks to everyone who has given me advice and replies.
It's truly appreciated.
One final question...
When smoking an 8.5 pound picnic roast, do I use a FULL ring of charcoal to start (I'm gonna try the minion method)?
Thanks for any and all replies...

Hi there and welcome!

Well that sucks, BUT if you want to take advantage of the extra time buy you a whole chicken and put it in brine for that 24 hour period that you are losing due to rain and then smoke it along with your picnic roast the next day :)

Just some food for thought on what to do with the extra time :D

Reactions: Unique Name
Hi there and welcome!

Well that sucks, BUT if you want to take advantage of the extra time buy you a whole chicken and put it in brine for that 24 hour period that you are losing due to rain and then smoke it along with your picnic roast the next day :)

Just some food for thought on what to do with the extra time :D
The forecast looks like intermittent rain for the next few days. Maybe a week...
What? Here in So Cal?
Preposterous!!!

One nice thing about this little house is, there's a roof over the patio and I can smoke or grill in rainy weather. Plus I can keep the smoker and the Weber out of the sun and rain.

Edited to add, no rain today, they're calling for 3 - 5 inches of snow.

One nice thing about this little house is, there's a roof over the patio and I can smoke or grill in rainy weather. Plus I can keep the smoker and the Weber out of the sun and rain.

Edited to add, no rain today, they're calling for 3 - 5 inches of snow.
Hey, BW!
I've got a covering, and grilling in the rain isnt a problem (IF it ever rains) but I'm not really in to trying my very first smoke in a downpour.
I gave it some serious thought and upon seeing the madness when I awoke at 3:30, I ultimately wimped out...

Thanks for the reply

For several years I've been keeping both of my smoker/grills in my detached unheated garage, about 50' from the house. If it's nice weather I'll roll one out. Yesterday it was 27* so my 1st burn was inside. Right now it's 16* w/8" of blowing SNOW!!!!!! (insert frowning face here)
Martin

Martin, snow, cold, rain........smoker still plays.............enough fire can counteract all but tornados here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky