QView of Shooters Kielbasa Polish!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shooterrick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 13, 2008
South Louisiana
I found this recipe and modified it significantly. It was a recipe for fresh Polish Kielbasa and I choose to up the spice and also cure and cold smoke it. Last night I broke down a 10 lbs Pork Butt and a 6lbs chuck roast. I needed 6 lbs of pork and 4 of beef. The left over ground meat was either frozen for later use or used in our Chipotle burgers for dinner last night.

I ground the pork and beef, 10lbs total, at the same time to assist mixing of the meat. The cure, seasonings, and ice water were combined to form a slurry and then mixed in. 3/8 plate used for both 1st and second grind to avoid the hot dog effect of stuffing with grinder. It worked fine.

The sausage was then placed in the fridge overnight to ripen and allow the cure and spices to mingle and chill. The next morning I did a fry test and Sandy and I felt this time I hit it on the head. After smoking we thought this would be about perfect.

The foot switch was hooked up to my grinder which worked great and I began to lean to stuff hog casings! For simplicity I choose to stuff first link later.

First links in my history! LOL

Full 10 lbs linked and going to fridge to cold smoke Sunday morning. I couldn’t wait to eat some so a few went on the grill. MMMM Wonderful Stuff.

Recipe to follow is for 5lbs

Shooters Smoked Polish Kielbasa

3 lbs. coarse ground pork butt
2 lb. fine ground beef chuck
3 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. marjoram
1 1/2 tsp Morton Tender Quick per pound of meat
1 tsp. allspice
2 Tbsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. caraway seeds
10 cloves pressed garlic
1 cup cold water

Combine all ingredients, mix well and stuff into hog casing. Rest in fridge overnight to ripen. Smoke at 160-170 for 3-5 hrs.

Had to give you points over here also!! Very Nice!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Nicely done Rick! They look beautiful and sound delicious! Nice jug of chipotle tabasco, love that stuff but I've never seen a jug of it!

Now that i live in south louisiana i can get to Avery Island easy and the Tabasco store at the plant carries it by the jug. You could probably do it internet but shipping costs could make it crazy.

Looks great Rick nice job!!

They look great Rick, You are now hooked on sausage making :)
Did they untwist when ya pan fried them?
Points to you brother....nice job

When I tossed em on the grill at the point I wanted to flip them 2 of them untwisted. ??

Nice job Rick. Great looking links....I plan on making about 50 pounds of Boudin next weekend...

Very nice job there rick. Everything looks great How did they taste hot off the grill ? That has to be the largest jug of tabasco I've ever seen.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Now that is one fine mess of links....great job and thanks for the recipe...I will put this High on my to do list.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

great looking snausage Rick! ain't it fun?glad to have another up and comming sausagemaker in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMcG
They look great Rick, You are now hooked on sausage making :)
Did they untwist when ya pan fried them?
Points to you brother....nice job

When I tossed em on the grill at the point I wanted to flip them 2 of them untwisted. ??

When you twist them initially, twist one one way, the next the other way and so on, that will help keep them from untwisting.

Nicely done Rick! They look beautiful and sound delicious! Nice jug of chipotle tabasco, love that stuff but I've never seen a jug of it!
Now that i live in south louisiana i can get to Avery Island easy and the Tabasco store at the plant carries it by the jug. You could probably do it internet but shipping costs could make it crazy.
Them is some GOOD lookin links there..

Beautiful kielbasa Rick, you done good as always! Yes, I too loved that gallon of Tabasco. Last year I was on their website and that gallon jug was pretty darn expensive!

Well at the store on the Island it is not cheap just no shipping. Tasted jap ice cream there also. dLOL .. Not my thing.

Rick, Rick, Rick........ They look a pro made them. Excellent work my friend. Points.

I made my first batch of shooter's Kielbasa (and it was my first ever making kielbasa)over the weekend and it have to say it is definately a recipe worth keeping. Thanks for the recipe and tips Rick!

Bike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky