Question for the Cajun Country folks here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokesontuesday

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
Tahlequah, OK
We have a little local Cajun place here named Linney Breaux's owned by two guys from Lafayette that's real deal and delicious. I try to eat there two or three lunches a week out of the five days they are open. Sometimes I even sneak in on Friday night on my way home from work when they stay open for dinner.

They have the best coleslaw I've ever had and what I'm trying to figure out is if it's just a Linney Breaux's thing or if it's a regional variation on slaw that I've just never seen before.

It's a pretty normal blend veggie wise with rough chopped white cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots. It's got some mayo to it but it's got a pretty stout vinegar punch. It also has a good amount of bacon in it.

Just wondering if this rings any bells with anyone or if I'm just going to have to keep experimenting till I get it right.

My slaw recipe took a decidedly different punch when I tried apple cider vinegar.  It's all I use now.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky