Q-view.. Rack-0-Ribs

Discussion in 'Pork' started by leorousseau, Jul 22, 2007.

1. This one is for my lovely wife.... She doesn't like the smoky flavor so no smoke involved... I'm hoping to get some flavor from the rub, charcoal or apple juice. Went on at 3:00.

2. low&slow

low&slow Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

You will still get a smoky flavor from using just charcoal, it will be a nice subtle smoky flavor. Those look good.[​IMG]

3. What is the name of that piece that I cut off? The piece that is next to the handle.

4. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That would be rib tips, you basically cut those st. louis style[​IMG]

5. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Skirt ???

6. keywesmoke

keywesmoke Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I've learned that to be the skirt. That's a good looking rack!

7. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That's good lookin, let us know if she liked them[​IMG]

8. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Those look great, don't forget to take some of the finished product before they are all gone.

9. Here's the view of the finished product.... Turned out ok but, I kinda rushed it and it's not the same without the hickory smoke flava. Still good though.

10. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Nice looking ribs hardly any fat too! yummmmmm! Good job!

11. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Forgive me, but I couldn't quite tell if you were using the 3-2-1 method, or flat out naked ribs? At any rate, they look really good, stay hungry my friend...

12. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hmmmmm.......... guess divorce is out of the question. Has she seen a physician for evaluation? Tastebud testing? [​IMG][​IMG]
    Ribs without smoke just ain't right.
    They certainly do look good though!

13. I didn't do the 321, in fact, I've never tried it yet. I've been successful just smoking them straight through between 220 and 260 depending on the amount of time I have. I smoked them with just a little bit o rub with no mustard at all. Today is a different story. Today I'm going full force. I have mustard, rub and hickory smoke on these baby backs with a heavy spray (no spritz) of apple juice and at 220.

14. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

looking good so far..

15. I am really getting sick of cramming food onto this weber. Next summer I hope to have a smoker. This is getting rigodamndiculous!

16. photohap

photohap Fire Starter

those look awesome, can't wait to see the finished product.

Wait till the end of the summer and you should see grills and smokers go on sale..

17. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks Yummy!!!!

18. You are talking about the food right?[​IMG] BBQ talk can be so suggestive, but it seems wrong to say take a look at this guys rack...

20. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Leo, those are some fine looking ribs you have going there.

In answer to your question about the piece you cut off-those are the rib tips, Skirt meat is the flap of meat that makes up part of the diaphragm. Most shops will leave it on and some will trim it all the way off.