Q-view.. Rack-0-Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leorousseau

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
New Bedford, MA
This one is for my lovely wife.... She doesn't like the smoky flavor so no smoke involved... I'm hoping to get some flavor from the rub, charcoal or apple juice. Went on at 3:00.

You will still get a smoky flavor from using just charcoal, it will be a nice subtle smoky flavor. Those look good.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Those look great, don't forget to take some of the finished product before they are all gone.

Here's the view of the finished product.... Turned out ok but, I kinda rushed it and it's not the same without the hickory smoke flava. Still good though.

Forgive me, but I couldn't quite tell if you were using the 3-2-1 method, or flat out naked ribs? At any rate, they look really good, stay hungry my friend...

Hmmmmm.......... guess divorce is out of the question. Has she seen a physician for evaluation? Tastebud testing?
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_16.gif

Ribs without smoke just ain't right.
They certainly do look good though!

I didn't do the 321, in fact, I've never tried it yet. I've been successful just smoking them straight through between 220 and 260 depending on the amount of time I have. I smoked them with just a little bit o rub with no mustard at all. Today is a different story. Today I'm going full force. I have mustard, rub and hickory smoke on these baby backs with a heavy spray (no spritz) of apple juice and at 220.

I am really getting sick of cramming food onto this weber. Next summer I hope to have a smoker. This is getting rigodamndiculous!

those look awesome, can't wait to see the finished product.

Wait till the end of the summer and you should see grills and smokers go on sale..

Leo, those are some fine looking ribs you have going there.

In answer to your question about the piece you cut off-those are the rib tips, Skirt meat is the flap of meat that makes up part of the diaphragm. Most shops will leave it on and some will trim it all the way off.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky