Pulled Pork Sammies. Plenty of QVIEW

Discussion in 'Pork' started by thunderdome, Dec 7, 2010.

1. thunderdome

thunderdome Master of the Pit

Pulled Poke Pulled Poke Pulled Poke

So…This weekend Safeway had bone-in pork shoulders on sale for .99/lbs. I couldn’t pass on it. So I picked up a 15 lbs pack (2 shoulders) for $15.

Seasoned them up the night before. Using a mixtuer of my rub w/ Mad Hunky (half and half). Wrapped them tightly in plastic wrap, and they bathed in the meat drawer in the fridge overnight.

Got my charcoal chimney started the next morning @ about 7:30. Hickory Kingsford and peach wood chunks for smoke. Unwrapped the 2 shoulders, and applied some more rub and a nice coating of brown sugar up top. I scarred the fat cap in both directions, making sure to get rub down to the meat in the cuts.

I made up a batch of bbq sauce as the shoulders came off the drum (@195). Left the shoulders tented for just over an hour before pulling.

Here is the finished sauce. Started w/ Jeff’s recipe, and modified w/ some onions and changed the heat factor

Here’s the sangwich creation. Thin wheat bread buns, w/ a good sized scoop of Poke

A layer of BBQ Sauce

A little bit of cabbage for the crunch factor

Boom

Some red potato salad to finish it off. Time to carb up

meateater likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking pork and sauce TD! The sauce looks delicious!

3. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now thats looks so so so good and I haven't eaten yet. It sure looks like some really yummy way to spend a COLD afternoon all bundled up with a good fire and see ya I'm going inside theses a fire.

4. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Too bad I just finished lunch, or I'd be right over to help with all that!

5. looks great man. homemade sauce is where its at!

6. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

your killing me smalls!!

7. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

That's some 'UGLY" looking pork sammies. The cabbage is a nice touch. [​IMG]

8. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great job TD.  I am going to the fridge for a snack

9. kevink

kevink Fire Starter

Looks great...better go to sleep before i get hungry and eat something that compared to this would be disappointing!

10. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Good looking pork you did it up just right !!!

11. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

NICE! Excellent Q-view. I like the choice of buns too. Good job.